Class name ideas

Terron

Re: Class name ideas

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:05 pm

considering ninjutsu is the study of stealth, concealment and sabotage/espionage....yeah it doesn't fit.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:35 pm

The monk (also mystic) is a playable character class in most editions of the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game.[1] A D&D monk is a fantasy martial artist, specializing in unarmed combat.

I suggest no allowable weapons other then fist weapon and bonus dammage without weapon

The ranger is one of the standard playable character classes in most editions of the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game.[1] They are hunters, skilled woodsmen, and often live reclusive lives as hermits

Ranger to hermit makes sence

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 pm

monks also get select weapons in DnD that allow them to keep the unarmed bonuses and extra attack from flurry of blows. hand staffs(jo sticks), kama, kukri, nunchaku, and a few others.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:02 am

Shaolin monks use a variety of weapons too, but best we keep it simple :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:26 am

A cav is a subclass of a paladin btw

A ninja is an assassin btw

Rangers were hunters, food gathering etc, and had the ability to sneak and hide, lots of other stuff slso

I will edit more later, work early , have to train newbie on my machine

Monk>Sensei>Grandmaster
Necromancer>Death Mage>Lich
Sorceror>wizard >Archmage
Warrior>Knight >Champion
Thief>pirate >Trickster
Barbarian>Berserker>Chieftan
Paladin>Cavalier >Templar
Cleric>Acolyte>Priest.>Archbishop (pick which people like)
Bard>Minstrel>Troubadour
Druid>Elder Druid>Ancient Druid (really couldnt think of anything better, yep decided to stick with this).
Assassin>Slayer>Executioner
Hunter>Ranger>Stalker
Last edited by Styx on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:27 am

I would replace Templar with Crusader
I think Acolyte would be lower then Cleric.
Also took out hunter for tracker, because... I don't know, seems more fitting with rangers.

Also Defiler (someones earlier suggestion) sounds good for Necromancer, but Lich is fine too:

Monk>Sensei>Grandmaster
Necromancer>Death Mage>Lich or Defiler
Sorceror>Enchanter>Archmage
Warrior>Knight >Champion
Thief>Cutpurse>Trickster
Barbarian>Berserker>Chieftan
Paladin>Cavalier >Crusader
Cleric>Priest.>Archbishop
Bard>Minstrel>Troubadour
Druid>Elder Druid>Ancient Druid (really couldnt think of anything better, yep decided to stick with this, same).
Tracker>Ranger>Stalker or Pathfinder (pathfinder sounds cool, stalker sounds... creepy, "hey guys, I made it to stalker!" I play this game to get away from my RL :shock: Actually, has that Elfchick69 been on lately?)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:13 am

These suggestions are really good :D
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:25 am

Monk>Ninja>Grandmaster

The Way of the Open Hand teaches powers that emphasize unarmed combat.
The Way of Shadow teaches powers that give the monk sneaking and magical powers while in darkness - like teleportation.
The Way of the Four Elements teaches users to harness their Ki to cast a variety of elemental abilities and spells - from Burning Hands to Stoneskin.
*after much reading a ninja is a monk whom chosen the path of stealth, leave ninja as it should be if not given the stealth ability.
**in martial arts one is taught a weapon is a extention of your hand, cause your hands are the most deadliest thing.

Necromancer>Death Mage>Lich

Lich just sounds kewl

Sorceror>Illusionist >Wizard

I could go with magus , there are many Synonyms that are found along with multiple ones. Wizard sounded kewl I guess.

Swordsman >lord >Knight

I dub thee sir newbie in the name of the king, a knight is a true title of honor.

Thief> Brigand >Pirate

Synonyms: bandit, burglar, cat burglar, cheat, clip, criminal, crook, defalcator, embezzler, heister, highway robber, hijacker, holdup artist, housebreaker, kleptomaniac, larcener, larcenist, lifter, moonlighter, mugger, owl, pickpocket, pilferer, pirate, plunderer, porch climber, prowler, punk*, purloiner, robber, scrounger, shoplifter, sniper, spider, stealer, stickup artist, swindler

Barbarian>Berserker>Savage / totem Warrior

The Barbarian class was a brutal Savage people, whom can go into a rage of dammage. And totem Warrior was the animale being the Savage choose to follow, hence totem Warrior.

Paladin> crusader >Templar

A paladin is and always of good alignment, very few showing evil alignment. Therefor I choose Templar cause they were followers of the church, as well as crusader in the Holy wars. I think guardian was used cause they could /guard , however after much reading there is lay of hands, based off chr level to heal, along with another heal based off int, so I suggest 2 different heal abilities upon one can choose to use.

Cleric>Priest.>Archbishop

It's a follower of the gods, pretty cut and dryied, just look it up on church Catholic order and choose.

Bard>Minstrel>Troubadour

I thought of George straight when I saw the last choice lol

Druid>Elder Druid>Ancient Druid (really couldnt think of anything better, yep decided to stick with this).

I suggest looking at stone henge for huge list of ideas, but they were followers of animals and nature.

The Circle of the Land gains extra spells and abilities based on their home terrain type, like Mountain, Coast, or Arctic.
The Circle of the Moon gains enhanced abilities to transform into a wider variety of beasts and creatures, as well as the ability to fight harder and longer while in beast form.
*there are many entries given showing an animale companion.

They kill lol. Easy enough
/flank player , same rules applied from a assy leveling post showing one only has to flank the opponent in order to backstabbing opponents

Ranger >Stalker >Hunter

The Hunter gains a variety of abilities that make them more powerful in combat against not just their favored enemies, but a variety of foes like them.
The Beast Master has an animal friend who fights alongside them and acts when they command it to.
*entries also show a Ranger having ability to hide and if can hide I suggest a one time sneak attack. A hunter must sneak to his prey and kill with out the animale seeing him. Pretty simple way to improve Rangers also without pet changes.

《《《《Class Ideas》》》》

Warlock - hexing foes

A pact with The Archfey grants powers based on beguiling and tricking opponents.
A pact with The Fiend grants powers based on hellish luck and dark blessings.
A pact with The Great Old One grants powers based on madness, the mind, and the great beyond.

Spell sword

Many entries showing a person dedicated to the killing of magic users and knowledge of antimagic

*name here lol*

A class to buff party or individuals with only one combat spell

My final thoughts choose as you will.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:40 am

"Slayer" is a bit silly, in my opinion. Should be :

Cutthroat - murderer - Assassin
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Guardian - Savior
Ninja - Sensei
Squire - Knight - Cavalier
Enchanter - Wizard
Priest - Saint
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Return to “Archive Chat”