About Staff Transparency

JadeFalcon

About Staff Transparency

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:14 am

I am very happy about that post :D

I would however ask one more think:
For each staffer, can we know who are their main playable characters, and main guild?

I personally know a big amount - but I think as numbers grow, we should keep track of that. Its also unfair if this information is known unevenly across the player base.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Eld

Re: About Staff Transparency

Postby Eld » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:41 am

I know some staffers prefer to keep this quiet to avoid harassment/brown nosing on their norms.

I can understand both sides of this.

Miach

Postby Miach » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:38 pm

No.

If I'm submitting alt lists, you're submitting alt lists and keeping them up to date.

My staff character is a tool to help moderate, event, and so on. It's nothing else.

Knowing my mains/alts serves no one any purpose.

Cyrus

Postby Cyrus » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:40 pm

Miach wrote:No.

If I'm submitting alt lists, you're submitting alt lists and keeping them up to date.

My staff character is a tool to help moderate, event, and so on. It's nothing else.

Knowing my mains/alts serves no one any purpose.

Except when someone is talking about you/an event you did / bias, whatever...without knowing either that you´re online or able to read guild forums, etc...

I think both choices have both advantages and disadvantages to various of the affected parties.

In old RoK it used to be a tool of power to know alts of staff etc., but in those days the game was played differently and corruption was rampant. I think it´s great what NH is doing to ensure this won´t be repeated and in that spirit I would advise to continue on the path of putting distance between EO and RoK and therefore revealing the main 25er and guild name. It would also help discourage rumours that were rampant in the old days such as "xxx clan is full of staff alts, that´s why they win all events and OADs", etc..

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:35 pm

I don't think this is needed. Staff should be judged on their behavior on staff characters and not their norms imo. I know it can be hard to separate them because of the smallish playerbase but I think that should be our goal.
<Silhouette>

Lavelia

Postby Lavelia » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:43 pm

I'm sorry but I can not agree with giving out lists of my leveling alts. I prefer a little bit of privacy when I play. I don't want to be bombarded with pages about how things could be 'improved' in areas, new area ideas, or about how shitty an area is when I'm just trying to enjoy the game. We staff don't get paid to be staff, we do it because we love this game and like the community. We give this game a lot of our time and energy and when we want to be out just playing? We should have the right to do so without harassment. Plus if we end up pissing off players for whatever reason, then they'd be able to declare open season on all staff who are out playing. It's a dick move but I've seen it happen before. Once that happens? You no longer have Staff. Because they lose interest in playing. Which then leads to a loss of interest in helping out a community that is showing themselves to be bitter and toxic. It hurts the game. Our staff is all about transparency. What we can do in game is both limited and monitored and none of us mind that. I build more often than I play, so when I do get time to actually play I prefer to do so with whom ever I want, in whatever guild I want to be in, killing whatever I want without being interrupted.

Anyways, that's my opinion on the matter. Lavelia, out.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:11 pm

Folder wrote:I don't think this is needed. Staff should be judged on their behavior on staff characters and not their norms imo. I know it can be hard to separate them because of the smallish playerbase but I think that should be our goal.

I pretty much agree with this. When they are on their normals they are generally harmless and can be treated as regular players anyways. Honestly the risk only comes from if they are on their staffer not so much a normal toons. I think if I was on a normal I'd probably freak out because of people constantly paging me. On discord I had to go invisible because of it. I think it's okay that they can be players and have fun sometimes. It's a thankless job usually, they need breaks and fun too, ain't robots 8)

Commander KO
Location: I do lines and I crossed roads I crossed the lines of all the great state roads

Postby Commander KO » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:37 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:I am very happy about that post :D

For each staffer, can we know who are their main playable characters, and main guild?

I personally know a big amount - but I think as numbers grow, we should keep track of that. Its also unfair if this information is known unevenly across the player base.

Do your own homework Jade and compile your own dynesque database.

Then wikileak it across the playerbase like you were making a bukkake vid. Or just post it here my dear.

JadeFalcon wrote:I am very happy about that post :D

Can you share what you have now? As I like lists and getting an idea of who one is and what they are doing or have had done to them by the few clues and insights given to us who see lots while looking a bit but no more (because I need the practice and baby did you forget to take your meds? )

Perhaps we, the growing player base you represented, can request a list of your alts and main and where you level anda what hours you play the game. Or hide like a coward cause you will be hunted down and pked.

Nevermind I just woke up in a daze and thought this was the year 2002 the battle's filled with the Wu.
Only fools fight in burning houses

afi / december underground

eyes set to kill f1 darling don't lie to me, don't mind me i'm only dying and behind these masks we renegade, against the sound

from first to last ♡ secrets don't make friends

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:48 am

Commander KO wrote:..

uh love you too babe!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Return to “Archive Chat”