Changes to Mirror Rooms

Miach

Changes to Mirror Rooms

Postby Miach » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:20 pm

As it stands now, all mirror rooms present an overwhelming advantage to priests and healers.

Currently the average damage output of a player is approx. 135 AD (some being higher, some being lower). Those classes have miss chances, chances to fizzle, magic resistance to penetrate and armor blocking/deflecting. In a mirror room, heals do not have these restrictions. Currently a heal cannot be resisted and their damage from Aid is approximately twice per stamina as any other class.

Normally this would not present a problem, we love healing where it is (as its already been nerfed before), but in a mirror room priests really shine. It is approximately 1000 (average 250 heal x 4 stamina) damage unmitigated by any means, which is enough to round most characters.

Now I'm not getting all radical about it, but I think it should be modified in the following ways:

1) In a mirror room, healing becomes damage, and it is a spellcast. This equates to spell damage, which should have a resist chance, just like blast or any other spell cast at a player. A 22 Wisdom Gnome should be able to resist spellcast damage fairly well, but currently cannot (they get an HP gimp to compensate for this higher spell resistance).

2) Because 1000+ (yes some heals can be like 263 or more) damage per round is absolutely unheard of by most spellcasters, most melee, and most slayers (who also have to deal with armor, dodge, spell resistance/negation, and hitrate) and taking down mobs or players or bosses in these mirror environments far outweighs the damage any player can do in a normal room setting, I propose to halve the damage of healing spells on players and mobs (I think healing damage on undead mobs is already halved? so it would fall right in line) in these mirror rooms. So instead of a priest capable of 1000+ damage in a mirror room, they do 130 per hit x 4 = 520 damage?! approximately.

This would balance the mirror rooms and put them in line with everyone else, because right now the advantage is healers in mirror rooms, especially since they cannot be tickled by melee.

Obviously this is in regards to Thanatos, but could affect other things as well as more areas are released.

Thanks all! Suggestions below!

Folder

Re: Changes to Mirror Rooms

Postby Folder » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:56 pm

On the fence with this one. It's definitely a bit nuts with the instakills but I think it's also pretty fun. Tough choice for me!
<Silhouette>

Miach

Postby Miach » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:30 pm

Yes tough to choose whats right over the HUEHUEHUEHUE moments where you just instagibbed somebody.

Kinetic

Postby Kinetic » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:35 pm

As someone who got utterly destroyed because of the mirror room I have to say that the inverted damage could certainly use some kind of nerf here... Maybe treat it as equivalent caster damage (I don't know how hard that would be) or like .. (for Thanatos example) healing spells are weakened across the board due to the overwhelming presence of evil... Healers are for support, and I get it .. this is sort of like their chance to shine when it comes to PvP, but the heal damage doesn't seem to have any resistance checks and is therefore overpowered. Of course the guy that mains a guardian would see nothing wrong with it.

Rael

Postby Rael » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:46 pm

It is OP for sure no doubt about it, us players that like our 10wis crits should still get boned but if you play a class that has wis it should have a chance of a uneffect ect ect. or just lower it over all.
Being completely honest the mirror room feels very out of place given what and where the oad is anyway.

Jalilah

Postby Jalilah » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Personally, being rounded by most priests and or healers in a mirror room is an unfair advantage with the damage not being resisted or halved such as Wobbi is stating. The effects could lead to a number of things but most likely everyone bringing priests etc for certain things that have mirror rooms. This is not a fun situation to be in while in a competitive area ( granted yes its suppose to be competitive I completely understand this area of it to engage more PVP that is not the problem). As a guardian with 18 wis and 974 hp it would be nice to have something to take into account the wisdom as again it is considered spell damage while in a mirror room even though it is a heal. So the best option in my personal opinion to make it a more fair advantage for those in a mirror room who cant cast heals and deal out that insane amout of damage ( this includes everyone not just certain classes), to have their wisdom taken into consideration for a chance to resist the heals that are incoming from a priest or healer.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:27 am

These rooms are working as intended. There are 3 in the boss area and if you don't want to get killed in them try using some new tactics. I don't want to spoil it for you guys but it's clear some of you are adjusting to these new rooms better than others.

Here are a few tips without solving the problem for you.

This is a reverse room so hitting will heal you and so should damaging pots.
Lastly keep in mind there is nothing keeping you on the square if you wanna stand there and get fried while others hit and run reverse heal you then you kinda got it coming.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:30 am

Miach wrote:Yes tough to choose whats right over the HUEHUEHUEHUE moments where you just instagibbed somebody.

What's "right"? We disagree but that doesn't mean one side is right and one is wrong.

This area is something different. No magic room, no physical room, no pot room, trap squares, mirror rooms. It's pretty cool imo and certainly the most unique OaD area as far as room effects go. It's also produced some of the best PvP we've seen, I think anyways.

There's currently 3 squares in the game this mirror room stuff can happen, and it's only once a day during a 5-20 minute boss fight. Why not adjust tactics and just fight it out under a different ruleset for the fun of it? We've never had more than 3 priests for this fight and usually only have 2. So murder us in the mirror room, the panda/torm team can and has put together a 6x priest group.

@Kinetic I don't use my guardian here, or anywhere really except for cycle down but that's besides the point.
<Silhouette>

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:15 pm

This area is good imo. Just takes tactics imo people give up to quick not everything ingame is gonna be run to 1 square smash macro run to next repeat.

Miach

Postby Miach » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:41 pm

It has nothing to do with actual happenings, and I agree with Lat's post that a lot of it is tactics and so forth, but mirror healing still needs reworked

the damage healing should have a magic resistance check at the BARE MINIMUM

everything else does:
Brigands have fail attempts
Stalkers can fail their captures
Cavaliers/Elders can fumble their taunt
Casters fizzle and have to penetrate
Melee has to worry about dodge and hitrate and armor and shields

then you have heals in mirror rooms, no mitigation available and no chance to fail except a fizzle

Return to “Archive Chat”