Class Damage Multipliers & Taunt Question

Tucker

Class Damage Multipliers & Taunt Question

Postby Tucker » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:50 pm

I've been hunting for info on several subjects recently and haven't been able to find information on a couple of things.

1. While hunting for the impact of Wisdom on morph for Druids I saw a post from Nighthawk (iirc) that mentioned that Druids/Elder's have a sort of negative damage multiplier and it seemed to indicate that every class might have a multiplier of some sort.

The AP of one class would be different from others

So I'm curious if that info is available or if there is elaboration anyone knows of. It sounds like a 20str x class vs a 20str y class will have different AD values.

Is it something like druids are 70%, monks 80%, clerics 60%, Barbs 110%, Knights 100% or something like that?

2. Knights/Cav's Taunt mechanics. Taunt works off of CHR but I couldn't find any more specific info on that. Does higher chr determine the length of a Taunt? Is there a failure chance on taunt depending on enemies or anything that CHR could effect? Does anyone have rough examples of the dmg block by chr? I'm curious how a 10 CHR knight would taunt vs a 23 chr knight would. I imagine it would be something like percentage base (23 blocks 50% and 10 blocks 10% or smth), but I'm curious if anyone has more info.

Folder

Re: Class Damage Multipliers & Taunt Question

Postby Folder » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 pm

I like turtles.
<Silhouette>

Styx

Postby Styx » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:31 am

Turtles on a half shell, turtle powah

:popcorn:

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:27 am

I'm seeing numbers from 2016 December that put 23 chr at around 15% damage reduction. I am seeing indications around that time that /taunt blocks magic and physical and creates 'copies' of the character based of chr as well which makes no sense.

* WTF is the copies thing referenced below? Is that to explain the aggro mechanic basically saying which high chr taunt (6 'clones') the npc is 6x more likely to focus you in a party of 6 with a total of 6 targets? I.E. ~16.6% chance of getting hit before taunting and ~54.5% after?

NightHawk wrote:Scaling, something like this in a party of 6 (One being you). please remember there are going to be dupes here, simply because you cannot have 0.2 of a copy, each time you are 'copied' it takes up a value of 1, regardless. This is just an example so far.

10 char: 20% (1 copies of you + you)
13 char: 30% (2 copies of you + you)
16 char: 40% (3 copies of you + you)
19 char: 50% (4 copies of you + you)
22 char: 60% (5 copies of you + you)

* Also is Agi roughly 2% per point or 1.75% related to dodge and hitrate (excluding any classes bonuses) - I've seen both number quotes from different time periods. I know its a minor difference but still muh numbers gotta be right or my brain itches

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:32 am

creates 6 copies meaning say you are in a party of 6 and trying to take ago normally you would only get hit 16.7% but with taunt youll get hit 54.5% like you said.

As for agi I believe its 2% however its getting looked at to be changed to 2.25 or 2.5% since it doesnt matter much atm compared to str or end.

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:11 am

Thank you Lateralus!

One More upon stumbling through the changelogs: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=93

* Is there an undocumented change to Knight and Barb class modifiers? The only note I can find is 7.5% dodge rate loss to barbs and 7.5% HR increase to knights but on the Wiki and class modifiers forum thead both are different (5 and 4% respectively).

Tucker

Postby Tucker » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:20 pm

NM on that percentage change I found the patch thread that shows the change to 5 and 4 % looking to be very recent.

Papa still needs his class damage multipliers and taunt percentage damage reduction if possible :D

Also I'm curious if /taunt reduces magic as well as physical equally or just physical reduction

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:47 am

Anyways, damage formula. Pretty basic

RandomRollWeaponDamageIncludingEnchant * STR * (LEVEL+1) * ClassModifier * DivBonuses (Embers/self div/etc) * Bonuses (such as DW, DW With Rage, Rage, etc.)

Might not be 100% but should be fairly close>

Code: Select all

Class   Modifier
Knight   0.0125
Paladin   0.012
Ranger   0.01
Cleric   0.0095
Druid   0.01
Assassin   0.009
Bard   0.0117
Thief   0.009
Barbarian   0.01275
Sorceror   0.0975
Necromancer   0.01
Monk   0.008

You won\t konw the weapons min/max though, only the average, and I'm not really giving out that. You can get the average though via using the AP of the weapon which is the min+max/2. Things like dual wielding also often add 10% damage to the formula above.

I.E.

DW'ing Saurian +1 str Zerker with div, based on a brill oad sword's highest max> 23 * 23 " 26 " 0.01275 * 1.15 * 1.1 = 221 damage.

Obviously you can add rage damage to this. But you guys can figure that out on your own. Pretty sure its 35% more or 40%.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:42 pm

Monks get a 14 hand damage bonus at level 25.

I made a booboo with AP display. I found out that I'm giving 1 AP per bless/etc but its only 0.5. This doesn't effect damage, its only a AP display bug. Right now each bless/enchant gives 0.5, NOT 1. Will be fixed next update.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:02 am

NiteHawk wrote:Monks get a 14 hand damage bonus at level 25.

I made a booboo with AP display. I found out that I'm giving 1 AP per bless/etc but its only 0.5. This doesn't effect damage, its only a AP display bug. Right now each bless/enchant gives 0.5, NOT 1. Will be fixed next update.

Good that the wiki uses base AD :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”