New discoveries

Styx

New discoveries

Postby Styx » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:13 pm

Bernard Goulet strolls into a library, in his usual manner, looking into the ancient cultures of Turenyara. He browses through the piles of books covering ancient magic rituals and long forgotten civilizations.

Patricia Quinseta, a fond companion of Bernard, looks over at him stating quietly, "I'm sure its here. The libraries in Seamoor possessed the untranslated texts. I'll go through every book before I give up."

Bernard glances at Patricia with a happy smirk in his smile, "I think this is it."

Patricia skims over quickly and says, "that's not it, that's about the old Dark Elf raids."

She sees an old book covering the cooking recipes for the watch tower guards and then her eyes land upon the information that they were seeking so avidly.

The excerpt from one of the pages in the book reads, 'The tower guards were fed from an ancient race that is long gone,' which caused her eyes to light up with joy and exclaim happily as she skimmed to the next page "look, its a map, showing where they lived!"

With hearts full of hope, they gather a small party and leave Turenyara. Bernard looks at Patricia saying, "Soon, everyone shall know exactly what happened to the civilization of Seta, and we'll be the ones to discover it!"

With that the small party begins their daring adventure seeking the ancient civilization....

Ooc, More to come soon stay tuned.

Styx

Re: New discoveries

Postby Styx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:43 am

Olgar, a fairly well trained mage, studies the old written texts in the libraries of Turenyara. The old books dated back to when Turenyara was a small fort as shop keepers started their business. He ponders at the texts about ancient animals, many of which show old ferocious beasts that once were kept to protect and watch over Turenyara while the guards could manage a few hours of sleep. Olgar notices a rather small book that was not put away. After many hours of reading he quickly reads of an old civilization to the east. Olgar is extremely excited and rushes to his fellow band of adventurers.

Thurapin, a rather large man of the warrior caste, jumps as Olgar waves his hands in the air. “Calm down Olgar, you could shoot a fireball off in the air!”, exclaims Thurapin. The fellow adventurers laugh as Olgar is startled, “So whats so important you stop me from my mead?”, says Joraab. Olgar sits down and explains his findings amongst the group. Thurapin looks around the table saying, “No one else has explored the area and might be riches to be sought.”

The battle ready group head out east on Kings Road with Thurapin in the lead. The druid Moraziz being watchful of the trees and landscape, notices a partially cut path leading down the hill. Thurapin looks at the stumps, “Aye they have been just chopped, maybe this is the place Olgar was talking about?” They carefully make the descent down the freshly cut path until they come upon a man. Thurapin being the leader of valiant group approaches him cautiously, “So what brings you to these neck of the woods?”, he says as he chuckles.

Introducing himself as Bernard Goulet he quickly says, "After me and my companions found an old worn path, we cut the path back out and found two old pillars still standing, but we have no idea what to do." Bernard keeps talking about ancient cultures of the lands with Olgar listening very closely. Boredom quickly sets in on the others and Joraab mumbles to the others, “I’ve talked to treants more entertaining then this.”, the others giggle while standing in a circle. Olgar being attentive to Bernard’s fascinating tales, the ancient culture that lived here were strong folk and good fishermen. After finding the pillars Bernard wasn’t sure of their use, but was totally excited about what mysteries are hidden behind them. “My companions went to check out the pillars but didn’t return.”, says Bernard as a dead silence comes upon the group. Thurapin looks at Bernard, “Fear not we shall find out what has become of your fellow companions.”

Thurapin looks around as the party gathers weapons, potions, and spells at the ready and drudges slowly through the crumbling buildings. “Nature is slowing retaking the land.”, Moraziz says eyeing the trees growing through the houses. On the far south side the forest line overshadows the creek. Yazmine, the fellow ranger, points to the ground, “I have heard of these tracks before, but their race was just a myth. Cautiously the group looks at the ground, and a great battle scene unfolds leading all around the now ruined village.

They come upon the massive pillars still standing after centuries of decay. Olgar, curious of the pillars, studies the symbols etched into the stone. Olgar hesitates as a eerie cold air blows around them. Thurapin shudders saying, “There is death in the air here.” Yazmine gazes down across the creek seeing a huge building with no entrance thats noticeable. Thurapin responds, “There is much to explore here.” Everyone nods in agreement as they prepare for the battle against…

And the rest tis history to be unfolded….

Return to “Archive Chat”