[Suggestion] Remove Free PK system

chemist

[Suggestion] Remove Free PK system

Postby chemist » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello,

I have been playing this game for a week. I was not a very active player, but I was getting used with text based RPG and I was really enjoying the game, until I got level 16. After level 16 the free PK system literally killed me, I mean, the game for me. Some players just walk through the game looking for kills, you lost your gold(that isn't deposited), your exp and you go back to city. It does not matter if you just had long really difficult fight against a boss and you have no mana, HP and stamina left. You will loose every single thing that you just fought really really hard to get.

It is very unfair that some max level players with overpowered items can come any time to the place you are leveling and can kill you for no reason at all. In other words, they are penalizing you for nothing. Also, at this pace, I feel that is quite impossible to become strong in game, just because some players will remove your exp and maybe your drop.

/togglewho is not effective enough, I believe the old players know where a 18 lvl can get lvl and etc... Therefore, they keep visiting these places just to hitkill you. Sorry, but it does not make sense to me.

As I said, text based RPG is pretty new to me. I have never heard about it in my whole life and I do not know if the free pk system is a common feature among text based RPGs. However, this feature killed the game for me. I do not know the community, I do not know if you are gonna laugh of my suggestion, but as the tittle of my post I let here my suggestion.

Goodbye!

Sorry for my broken English.

Edit: I did not see and posted in the wrong section, sorry about that.
Last edited by chemist on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Folder

Re: [Suggestion] Remove Free PK system

Postby Folder » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi!

Won't laugh at you, but PKing is here to stay. It is part of the basic game design - it's a PvP game and always will be. I would HIGHLY suggest, if you're not already, to join a clan and ask for assistance. Your best bet for protection from PKing is being in a group.

Once you get above 20 your HP is reaching a point where you will rarely die from PKing without the chance to run away. Stick with it a bit. You're in the rough spot but that is also part of the accomplishment of playing the game more. You get stronger and eventually you'll be able to fight back.

Good luck!
<Silhouette>

killa

Postby killa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:21 pm

hi old player here, as old as folder. I know the pk system aint going nowhere, but I agree it makes you want to not play cuz I been there. Aint the system its the players. Does the person who keeps killing you's name start with a T? If so I can understand this situation :D

killa

Postby killa » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:22 pm

And Folder your plan of just getting every person to join your own guild for "protection" is just unfair to everyone else and every other guild, really

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 pm

Many games I have played are highly pk based. Some of which gave out a quest to kill players to gain loot. So at level x they would go kill low levels for free loot etc.

Ember however does have a system put in where you can't be puked until level 16, so a player has the ability to learn parts of the game first.

And folder is correct. During the peak hours you need to party up while leveling. There is also bonus exp gained besides less potion and food costs. And joining a guild is a good way to get into the fun oads where it takes teamwork, and yes lots of pk, so as to win the oad prize.

:popcorn:

Ps, there are many events where it is pk for whom wins

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:37 am

killa wrote:And Folder your plan of just getting every person to join your own guild for "protection" is just unfair to everyone else and every other guild, really

You love to troll don't you man. Last I heard recruitment had ended (again) for our clan. I also seem to remember that as soon as you hit 25th you were out there... well pking...
PS. Why do I always take the bait? :roll:

But to chemist:
chemist wrote:Hello.

I remember when I started playing as well (not this game, but a game like it). I used to dislike pkers too, evil scum of the earth! Well sort off, but that was because at the time I lost a lot of things I considered valuable; RIP dark cutlass. It didn't take me long to accept the fact that there were people out there who liked to pk, and they weren't bad people (well... most were not bad people).
The penalties for dying here are a lot less severe than the game it was based on. But yeh... pk is here to stay.
So your options are to accept it or move on. I hope you will accept it, it would be a shame to lose a new player.

It does not take that long to get to 20th and, as Folder said, once you are there you will be a lot harder to pk. You will dodge better, have more HP, and better equipment, and more game experience, to scupper the pk attempt.

Some tips though:
Read the wiki, have a look at the New Players Guide: https://ember-online.com/wiki/index.php ... ayer_Guide
It has some basic information to get you going.
I will put some stuff here though:
1) Never leave home without potions and have a macro set up for using those potions.
2a) If you see someone while you outside of town (in an unsafe location) run to a safe location ASAP.
2b) If you are not at max health and exhausted (no stamina) when someone appears, now is the time to hit the potion macro; and then run ASAP.
3) Be cautious; try and keep your health near max (I don't, I take chances; and have suffered a few times because of this :D)
4) As Folder said, try and join a levelling group. This will lead to more exp and safety.
5) You do not NEED to join a clan, there are pro's and con's to joining a clan (mainly pro's though). If you do join a clan, do not feel bound to them. If you do not like the clan, you can always leave (this may be more awkward if you have accepted "gifts" - but even then... Just try and replace the item/s, possibly at a future date, and leave anyway).
6) STRANGER DANGER! Do not page strangers. When you page them, they will know where you are through the page. So if someone randomly pages you... be careful about answering.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:15 am

...I was going to write a "nice" post, but you know what? I'm fed up.
This is a PVP environment, deal with it.

Every person here as been pk'ed, mostly several times, and they didn't quit. They soldiered on, and they prevailed. You say getting killed breaks the game for you? Well buddy, then this isn't the game for you, go play Solitaire.

Alternatively, man up, stop whining, listen to the advice that people here have given you, and eventually learn to fight back. That is what we all did, and none is any less for it.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:49 am

There is a limit to how much you can be PK'd. If you don't aggress back and manage to die 3 times, you get immunity for an hour.

The XP you lose isn't no where near if you properly level, specially cause it starts off 1.5mil, then 750k, than 325k and stays at 325k if you ignore the immunity system and fight back for some reason. This is also at higher XP too since you only lose 1% of your maximum experience. This means you need at minimum 150mil to start losing maximum experience. You could literally die 3 times, lose the XP, and still come up more then triple the XP you lost in that hour.

Regardless, the XP you lost is just over 2mil before immunity hits. When the game was released, you would lose this in one death. I get it sucks to die sometimes, but in this game that's kind of life. That is why we also push people into guilds, the the /gtop spam, as it would help them.

The system won't be removed. We do however need to give more things to do at end game which is being worked on, but this is how the game is and always will be. It is not for everyone, and I can understand that, but I hope you do stay. However, if you don't, best of luck where you go, and I am sorry you had a rough experience. If you do stay however, I would suggest posting or asking in game about information on how to survive if you are struggling. Alot of people seem to do well, I've had a couple of my buddies from other games who play the game, one actually has 25ers already and it was his first experience of this level too so it can work 8)

Return to “Archive Chat”