20%
No, better potions.
15%

Total votes: 20
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Potion Timers

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Back in the days potion timers were at 4 seconds, and no one died. I am sure a lot of people remember this in a lot of fights. We don't want endless fights.

Right now it is set to 8 seconds (thought some races it is lower by a percentage.) To me, I feel it is fine, with the upped AGI soon and some other potential things, such as minimum END being 18, I think it will help out a bit. I know classes like priests are there that can heal a ton, but that is their JOB. In a good fight you want a healer. In any game a group with a healer or two is 9/10 going to win against a group without one. It's hard to balance that without ruining the class, and to me, it's a fair thing.

I am just curious as to what everyone thinks though. Worse case I would think increasing the HP per pot would be better then lowering duration. That's just me though.

killa

Re: Potion Timers

Postby killa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:02 pm

I hope everyone considers this wisely and not just because they get pked leveling. This is a serious issue and changing it will not only change pvp gameplay but pve. Things are decently balanced now and I'm saying maybe cutting 1 second off would be alright but anything more is going to fk up a lot of work done to balancing things up to this point. Trust me I'm a genius :D

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:29 am

killa wrote:I hope everyone considers this wisely and not just because they get pked leveling. This is a serious issue and changing it will not only change pvp gameplay but pve. Things are decently balanced now and I'm saying maybe cutting 1 second off would be alright but anything more is going to fk up a lot of work done to balancing things up to this point. Trust me I'm a genius :D

I agree with KILLA here. I would suggest you think before choosing. Personally I think it is fine the way it is.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:31 am

Dont fix it if it isnt broken.

The current system seems to be working, and personally i havent heard anyone complain about it, so..
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Hanibal

Postby Hanibal » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:06 am

Problem with the current system you cant pvp without a priest, most parties run two which imo isnt pvp its a slaughter.

Not everyone can play a priest, it takes skills and a fast isp. Even in fights with no priests one side only needs one extra attacker to win, just my personal observation.

There a few ways of fixing this, better pots, shorter timer or only allow one priest in the party and make it so it cant heal non partied members, just a few thoughts.
------------------------------------------------------------
Krange - Ninja
Hanibal - Slayer
Hannibal - Zerker
Krang - Ninja
Zann - Guard
WarLock - Deathmage
Dexk - Cav

Snyper

Postby Snyper » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:28 am

Hanibal wrote:There a few ways of fixing this, better pots, shorter timer or only allow one priest in the party and make it so it cant heal non partied members, just a few thoughts.

I know they say there's no such thing as a bad idea, but this is a bad idea.

Eld

Postby Eld » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:51 am

Agreeing with Killa, Daedroth and JF, I think it's balanced at the moment.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:53 am

Never had an issue with pot timers (I mean at 8sec).
<Silhouette>

Lissy

Postby Lissy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:07 am

Hanibal wrote:Not everyone can play a priest, it takes skills and a fast isp. Even in fights with no priests one side only needs one extra attacker to win, just my personal observation.

There a few ways of fixing this, better pots, shorter timer or only allow one priest in the party and make it so it cant heal non partied members, just a few thoughts

NERF PRIESTS

NO COORDINATION ALLOWED

BATTLES ARE A TEST OF WHO CAN F4 THE HARDEST
Founding member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Enjoy a halfling monk served raw with a pinch of crushed red pepper for double the kick!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:01 pm

It's still good to get a opinion regardless if the general lot are more happy with it than not.

Return to “Archive Chat”