Help Section

daedroth

Help Section

Postby daedroth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:18 am

From the forums:

General Discussion
This is for game related discussion that doesn't fall into the category of "help" or "suggestions".

Where is the help section in the forums?
I was updating the wiki and want to guide newbies to the Help section so that they can post for advice and ideas on character builds and such like.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Help Section

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:43 am

Post it in general. Help is more for specific issues with your game which is the ticket system. And for anything involving how the game works, the development area works ok.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 am

I think he means the "general forum" description points to a section that does not exist.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I think he means the "general forum" description points to a section that does not exist.

But, post to general discussion. Thats where you guys can discuss builds, info about the game, etc.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:17 am

JadeFalcon wrote:I think he means the "general forum" description points to a section that does not exist.

Yes that is what I meant.
My request/suggestion is to either edit the "general" thread description or add a "help" section.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:25 pm

daedroth wrote:

My request/suggestion is to either edit the "general" thread description or add a "help" section.

Oh sorry, I can update the description in a bit.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 am

NiteHawk wrote:
daedroth wrote:

Oh sorry, I can update the description in a bit.

Cheers :)
It was sort of to avoid confusion for new peeps and well... I was thinking help section? I have never saw that, where is it? *coughs* :?
I love sheep.

Eld

Postby Eld » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:00 pm

I'd like the idea of a help section with subsections for different types of help

Help - Report Abuse Issue (this could autopost to a discord channel for potentially quicker responses by staff)
Help - Report Game Bug
Help - Question about the game (Have the wikipedia linked heavily at the top of this section, and suggest they join an ingame clan first, or ask in the newbie chat with instructions on that)

Any other areas we need to cover off?

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:12 am

Different section for each class, this could simplify the help based on Class for players builds. Atm it's grouped into 1, then it's scrolling through it all to find class info.

Return to “Archive Chat”