Hidden Divinities

To hide Divinities of your character or not?

Keep Divinities available to see with a look over.
57%
Hide Divinities upon look over.
43%

Total votes: 7
Sicx

Hidden Divinities

Postby Sicx » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:00 pm

Why should your possible enemies be able to discern which God you worship just by looking you over? How about we make it a little harder for someone to figure out our weaknesses.

So I agree with JadeFalcon. Make it so we can spawn at Taverns instead of temples.

Players would have to stalk their enemies and see what temple they go to to ensure they are actually that element.

I propose we simply remove the characters divinities from their character description upon looking them over.
Last edited by Sicx on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Folder

Re: Hidden Divinities

Postby Folder » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 am

Not sure I like this one because part of strategic combat decisions is making use of divinities. It would be very difficult to remember everyone's divinities and that element of combat strategy would be removed.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:00 am

I think this would depend on the lore.
Do the Gods make their followers wear distinctive items to proclaim their faith (or they lose benefits from their faith (div bonus lost) but keep the negatives (opposition faithful will still have div on them))?
Do you "sense" another persons div?
If there are no rules on this then it would make sense to keep div hidden.
It could even open up possibilities of people buying symbols of different deities to disguise their faith... but eh... this would be icky (lose benefits/keep disabilities as above). Best keep it simple stupid eh.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:29 am

I just think it's odd that..say.. you beat me in the Jr. KoTH.. and I know you're a Fire Knight with low wis... so I'll just make a Water Sorceror. I don't think it should be as easy as looking someone over to discern their divinity.

Like you said, if given hidden divinity, people could then pretend to be otherwise, etc.

There could even be a gold sink to this.

Player Fire Divinity buys a 50k "Expose Divinity Charm" or some such and it would then tell you the player's Div. Then you could keep that secret, since you paid for it, or announce it, whatever.

OR, it could element 3 false Divs that you are not. When you use it it will give you two Divinities, So you may have to use multiple charms to get the exact answer you seek.
Guardians of Darkness

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:43 am

Makes sense to me.
I mean, when i look someone over i dont see something as strategic as their stats, why should i know their div?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:10 am

Giving out false information in the name of "lore" is just a bad idea.

I don't really wanna have to keep spreadsheets of people's divs, plz don't make me do it lol.

When you look someone over you see their race - you pretty much know their stats and either way you're not going to make a strategic decision based on their stat allocation.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:22 am

Well, unless the man walking past me is wearing a kippah or something..I wouldn't be able to discern his religion.
Guardians of Darkness

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:17 am

Sicx wrote:Well, unless the man walking past me is wearing a kippah or something..I wouldn't be able to discern his religion.

But there is no magic in the real world... eh... right?
So what makes sense in game does not need to make sense irl.
Do the Gods let you know the religion of a person by "looking them over" as in you sense their religion.
Do the Gods require their disciples to wear something that highlights their faith (ie. your kippah thought).
If we can be given a reason why divinity is known when a person is looked over; we can go from there.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:04 pm

Sicx wrote:Well, unless the man walking past me is wearing a kippah or something..I wouldn't be able to discern his religion.

True, but if I in fact beat you over the head one time with a 2h weapon you will at the very least fall over. Probably you dead. Point is we have to make some sacrifices for the sake of gameplay, I see this as one of them. But I'm just one guy 8-) .
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Started a poll.
Guardians of Darkness

Return to “Archive Chat”