A Few Suggestions...

Aeruka

A Few Suggestions...

Postby Aeruka » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi, I'm new to ember. Been playing about 2-3 weeks and I have a few suggestions to make concerning the game. I love it, btw. Awesome replacement for a mud I used to play a long time ago. Anyway, here goes...

1. /questhistory - It would be nice to see what quests we've done, and what quests are available/haven't done yet, where the quests are and if they are repeatable. Yes, I know the last 2 can be found on the wiki, so it would just be icing to access this info in game, but we definitely need /questhistory. I get confused what quest 1 alt has done verses another.

2. An auto-organizer button for the vault so that it will automatically group like items together, i.e. equipment, weapons, consumables, etc. Same thing for our inventory, for easier access.

3. A away to get more vault space, either by buying it, or by quest, something. I find 50 slots just isn't enough. I've been having to make alts just so they can hold the extra equipment i dont want to get rid of.

4. A global chat channel. As a newbie, it would have been nice to be able to ask questions/ask for help of the entire populous. When I start a new game I like to sit back and watch for a while, or figure it out for myself if I can. I usually learn a lot about a game by watching the global chats.

Folder

Re: A Few Suggestions...

Postby Folder » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:54 pm

Hi and welcome!

1) not a bad idea. I think as you play more you may memorize more stuff making this less useful but it can't hurt.

2) yeah this would be nice too! It does require proper tagging of items so builders would need to coordinate and have everything correct for this to work.

3) everyone wants this :D. It will happen in some form!

4) this has been thrown around an awful lot. I think it will happen, just needs some details worked out first.

Thanks for your input and for playing, hope you stick to it! BTW there's a suggestions forum just for ideas like these, for next time.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:20 pm

I think these are all great suggestions that shouldn't be too difficult to implement and might already be in progress. Thanks for the contribution I'm sure hawk will see this but I can confirm some are already on the list if not being worked on for a future update.

I think world chat is a must it's pretty critical for noobs, trade, grouping etc. I know they have noob chat but still. We just gotta make a way that people won't abuse it and turn it into Barrens chat.

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:10 pm

Megaphone. Price 10k. Allows any player to broadcast any message to all players.
Newbies below lvl 8 should have newbie chat, which all staff members see.
Done.

Or come up with a rigorous mentor plan that takes a couple weeks to complete. Give them access to newbie channel. And should they abuse it, privilege removed for eternity!
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:29 am

Global chat was an issue as it was abused, maybe I'll see about channel type system like IRC but for now it's not in the priority. If you need help IG you can use /newbie and people normally help out. It's kind of a global chat but for newbies to get questions, people can't reply there and will page you atm.

Sorting is a good idea, more vault space is coming in the form of houses to start probably. It shoudl be on my todo list after I get some good end game content in. For questhistory, I do want to add it, I just need to think up a proper way to add it at the moment. Probably a log book that opens of sorts.

Hope you are enjoying the game 8) Glad to see you have been!

Return to “Archive Chat”