Next Release & Amulet Prices

Should we change amulet expire/price?

Leave it.
14%
Change the expire time to 4 months.
No votes
Change the price to 15k on a +1 armor item.
No votes
Change both the price to 15k on a +1 armor item plus expire time to 4 months.
14%
Price/Expire time changes, and +2 armor for 50k.
71%

Total votes: 7
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Next Release & Amulet Prices

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:01 pm

I am aiming to have a update around the start of October which contains some balance changes that have been discussed. I've tired to take into account everything as best as I can, so we'll see how that goes, plus a couple changes I am doing myself (RUHROH) so look forward to that!

--
Onto amulets>

As we know, amulets are unique and vanish after a certain time. Right now there are two buyable ones, the Amulet of Armor and the Amulet of Armor +2. They expire per month. The +2 is only obtainable through PP right now but may be changed depending on how we see things. The +1 is 50k. I am working on more amulets for next release in between all these balance updates. I am not going to spoil the fun yet, but I want amulets to be more useful.

I think right now the mix between requiring 50k for 1 month is a fairly tough thing to do on more than one character. I still want the expire timer on them, as it makes them unique, and you will always need to do a little to get them. I am thinking:

1. Increase the expire time from 1 month to 4 months.
2. Decrease the price to 15k for the +1 armor, and maybe 50k for the +2.

I'm interested to see what people think is a fair time and price for items like these, and other similar ones.

P.S. On top of this, we might release rings too, they won't be extremely powerful, but they'll grant small HP or MP bonuses like the fury ring does, probably less then that one obviously. They'll probably be OAD run though and you can equip two max. Through the balance changes, I originally added +20 HP after the HP tweaks to starting HP, however, I am thinking now instead we'll give +10 HP rings out that are in the blue rarity area. Can talk about this more later though. Maybe cheaper +5 ones purchasable though.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Next Release & Amulet Prices

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Oh I was completely wrong, atm it's 3 months. We can raise it to 4 months, or maybe 6 months if that is the case then.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Never bought one, probably never will. 1 or 2 ac is miniscule, I don't see them being worth it at all tbh.

Looking forward to other changes though!
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Maybe if they didn't expire.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:41 pm

I’ve only ever bought two I think it’s a combo of all of it. It’s bit over priced and for only 1ac (doesn’t make a huge diff) and 3 months.

Would love to see how many active people actually use them?

I am not a super big fan of items ever expiring but I understand this is a designed as a gold sink.

But maybe we could step back and analyze what actually takes more gold outta the game. Would we take more gold out if the game if we charged say 100k for the 1ac Ammy and it lasted forever, rather than charging 50k for a 3 month ammy.

I personally would prob buy one for most my characters if they lasted forever at 100k. Under the current system I’ve bought 2 total for 1 character.

Say you charged something like:
100k for the 1ac
250k for the 2ac

I’d guess we would take more gold outta the game this way (I realize it’s more short term but people still gotta buy for their new characters too or pay to unbind them)

Would be interested to see what others think tho and it would be cool if there was some way we could statistically find out the best solution.

Styx

Postby Styx » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Can't afford any amulets, so did not even consider them.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:40 pm

I don't know how common the amulets are, but I may have seen one character with one at most. 50K for 3 months of only 1AC boost does not entice me to ever buying it. At the same time, I don't think they should last forever then it doesn't make a difference since everyone will eventually have one. NH can probably pull some data and see how many characters actually have one equipped atm.

For any changes, its cost can't be too low and duration can't be too long either if this is intended as a gold sink . What Jake said I think is true, 1AC is so miniscule that I don't even think about buying one of them. My suggestion would be to up the it to 2/4 AC, cost to 50K-100K/100-180K respectively and last 4-6 months. It'll cost more than what it is now and a better bonus, but I think it will persuade people to spend some of the gold that is still out there.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:13 am

Keep the price as is!
It is great when someone dies and drops one; they sell for 12.5k!
:popcorn:
Eh... ok... even at reduced price/increased duration I would probably not buy one. I hate items with a duration; I feel the clock ticking down towards my eventual expiration enough as it is.
I do not think they should be permanent either though; not if you want them as a proper gold sink.
For a proper gold sink though you will need to either reduce the cost or increase the duration/effect.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:10 am

Maybe can make them unsb'able and no expire too, seems like a majority of players don't like expiring items. Dunno if it was a fairly low cost for +1 and +2 (i.E. 5k for 6m and 25k for +2 for example) if they would be worth it then.

Only shame about removing the expire would be the demand once they become more of the normal after some tweaks, obviously demand will be far less in 1 year or 2 years down the road.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:37 am

Another idea:
Allow them to be re-charged at a reduced cost? Buy for X gold, re-charge for 50% of original cost. Or buy an extra x amount of days at a reduced cost (with regards to original cost / duration) up to a maximum charge/duration.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”