wiken arena

Ivor

wiken arena

Postby Ivor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:16 pm

Can we have a couple of arenas in wiken town?
Mac : they crash different

Styx

Re: wiken arena

Postby Styx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Well couldn't hurt.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:40 pm

PvP arenas? Sure.

Leveling arenas? There's one like 10 squares away in Huldar. I think the game would be better with no arenas at all though so I'm biased :D
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:18 pm

I agree. Arena at the Fort is close enough.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Ivor

Postby Ivor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:07 pm

The arena at the fort is for lvls 23-24 , the one at wiken can be for lvls 20-22 and can have undead mobs for clerics and pallys.
Mac : they crash different

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm

I dunno, I'd say you could lvl 20+ in the huldar arena if you really wanted to arena level (which again I think is just bad for the game!). I mean hell people start hitting trail bandits at lvl15 and those things are lvl24.
<Silhouette>

Sicx

Postby Sicx » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:24 pm

I'm kind of with Folder on this one. Arenas should be outted. This game is PvP focused. And also.. if you're arena lvling then..something is fishy, anyway. It's so nerfed and is clearly not the supported method of golding or lvling.
In game: Diablo, Satan, Sicx, Nyte
Guardians of Darkness

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:12 pm

i tend to agree with an arena in wiken. not a fan of arenas in general but there isnt any undead in them, which is already skewed. arena training is something you can do solo when you cant pay full attention but still want to progress. there is no reason to say use this existing arena or play outside so we can stab you while you drop everything while your kids are screaming. another thing is the scarcity of undead monsters as is. you get karnath mines , lowbie church and wiken. wiken being the general best area but hounded by 25ers all day. isnt hurting anyone to throw an arena up so noobs/parents can smite while half afk. just sayin'.

the game is supposed to be driven for balanced pvp combat, not taking repeated stabs at newbs in lowbie church. the arenas wouldnt be needed at all, if areas themselves were made pk or nopk instead of it being level based. im a fan of this over arenas and newb slashing because;
-new players on lowbies arent destroyed, they can stick to familiar areas until grasping more knowledge of the game.
-veteran players will run to "better areas" where their level 8 can get smashed. veterans would be full aware of the consequences of power training.
-veteran accounts with holders, bank runners, item storers, etc running town to town could actually be destroyed. doesnt happen with a level based pk system.
-level 16 is too high of a nopk setting for veterans which run to great exp areas and train fast
-15 levels is not enough grace for actual noobs.

even with the area nopk system i still think level 22+ should override and still be pked.

just some thoughts
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 am

Terron wrote:i tend to agree with an arena in wiken. not a fan of arenas in general but there isnt any undead in them, which is already skewed. arena training is something you can do solo when you cant pay full attention but still want to progress. there is no reason to say use this existing arena or play outside so we can stab you while you drop everything while your kids are screaming. another thing is the scarcity of undead monsters as is. you get karnath mines , lowbie church and wiken. wiken being the general best area but hounded by 25ers all day. isnt hurting anyone to throw an arena up so noobs/parents can smite while half afk. just sayin'.

the game is supposed to be driven for balanced pvp combat, not taking repeated stabs at newbs in lowbie church. the arenas wouldnt be needed at all, if areas themselves were made pk or nopk instead of it being level based. im a fan of this over arenas and newb slashing because;
-new players on lowbies arent destroyed, they can stick to familiar areas until grasping more knowledge of the game.
-veteran players will run to "better areas" where their level 8 can get smashed. veterans would be full aware of the consequences of power training.
-veteran accounts with holders, bank runners, item storers, etc running town to town could actually be destroyed. doesnt happen with a level based pk system.
-level 16 is too high of a nopk setting for veterans which run to great exp areas and train fast
-15 levels is not enough grace for actual noobs.

even with the area nopk system i still think level 22+ should override and still be pked.

just some thoughts

Ive got that problem you mentioned (screaming kids) but I'd still not use arena's. Died a couple of times while moderating their disputes. I don't care if there are arenas in towns though. However with Wiken I believe it is meant to be a "peaceful" town. I think it's lore stuff (read it somewhere, maybe Wiken description?). Notice there is no weapon shop? So Wiken, according to the lore, would not have an arena.
An arena with undead though is a possibility I guess... but meh, I aint bothered either way.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:06 am

hard to remain peaceful with 400 undead south of your town isnt it? the way it looks is as if its more of a neutral town based on not favoring any religion. Or a town thats heavily chaotic due to no religion or propriety. a peaceful town would also frown at murder 5 squares south of their town and in their sacred cemetery lol. either way theyd have a training arena to help train people to combat the undead.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”