Should low level drops come soulbound?

daedroth

Should low level drops come soulbound?

Postby daedroth » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:09 am

I don't think they should, it makes no sense. Quest rewards (and shop boughts too I guess) though, aye sure, that makes sense.
Let's face it, items up until 20th (maybe 15th) aren't really making your character that much more powerful than shop boughts; the difference is small.
I run around without updating my armour until 20th (latest knight i had, had a small shield, adventurers plate and lumberjack helm until I hit 20th). I do update weapons though.

Also a side note, making the commanders sword souldbound to the killer was a mistake. There is absolutely no point to kill him anymore for half the classes (and only a minor reason for the rest - I don't bother at all anymore). I have heard its tough for lowbies too? Cannot verify that since I have no enthuisiasm to find out.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Re: Should low level drops come soulbound?

Postby Styx » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:10 pm

Personal opinion, nothing should never soul bound at all. If a person wants it soul bound that's thwireless choice.

People soul bound items item commanders blade and lvl locked certain grove areas to stop people farming. Congrats for basicly stopping people from doing things in game. A part of any game is killing monsters. Who stop people from doing something that makes them happy? Why are we worried about a lvl 8 sword that won't even last a whole day?

Stop working about the little things, release it all and LET PEOPLE PLAY?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 am

Level 15 items and under are SB'd. You must look at a newbie player, you are thinking vets only and that will never work in a game. Yeah level 15 items and under are worthless to you, but to a newbie it is all they have.

They cannot afford anything as expensive as soulbinding at level 15 and under, no way. At level 20 yeah, they can do one or two, but not level 15 and under. You basically force them to use junk or store bought items. Who else but newbies are going to use those level 15 and under items?

It's easy to say when you have the gold amounts like you do though dae :P

Personal opinion, nothing should never soul bound at all. If a person wants it soul bound that's thwireless choice.

I'll make sure to direct all the newbies to your bank account directly. 8)

Also leveling lock certain grove areas? Are you talking about the one or two areas that have quests and was almost impossible to kill before because level 25ers were walking in and killing it? :P If anything it should be quest locked for boss quests mobs, with a faster spawn rate.

Yeah I'd say bind on pickup is not really needed to be honest with drops in the wild.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:36 am

NiteHawk wrote:Level 15 items and under are SB'd. You must look at a newbie player, you are thinking vets only and that will never work in a game. Yeah level 15 items and under are worthless to you, but to a newbie it is all they have.

They cannot afford anything as expensive as soulbinding at level 15 and under, no way. At level 20 yeah, they can do one or two, but not level 15 and under. You basically force them to use junk or store bought items. Who else but newbies are going to use those level 15 and under items?

It's easy to say when you have the gold amounts like you do though dae :P

I'll make sure to direct all the newbies to your bank account directly. 8)

Also leveling lock certain grove areas? Are you talking about the one or two areas that have quests and was almost impossible to kill before because level 25ers were walking in and killing it? :P If anything it should be quest locked for boss quests mobs, with a faster spawn rate.

Yeah I'd say bind on pickup is not really needed to be honest with drops in the wild.

Sb'd items only matter at 20th, before then the difference isnt great enough (and the shop boughts up till 15th come sb'd anyway - if you get unlucky and lose your beloved item you can buy a shop bought) and you won't have them that long.
MAYBE level 15th gear might lats long enough to warrant coming sb'd (I still don't think it takes that long to get to 20th).
The difference between a shop bought and a drop is 1AD roughly (and armour isn't that important at low levels; I make do with Seamore/Logging Camp quests until 20th, but it is about 2 protection difference)... It is not that much. That 1 AD difference only matters at the higher levels.

Or maybe only I think this :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:25 am

I usually just use the quest reward armor and weapons, once in a while I'll get a lvl 8 item just for fun to lvl others. And most characters make lvl 16 without almost no chance of death.

To put in some items such as the undead commander was something fun to kill, yes it was op for lvl 25, but it gave people fun things just to kill. And ain't gonna get rich selling a commanders blade for 100 gold lol. Ps I had to show people back before he was moved where he even was at. Cause people didn't even know about him.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:13 am

daedroth wrote:Sb'd items only matter at 20th, before then the difference isnt great enough (and the shop boughts up till 15th come sb'd anyway - if you get unlucky and lose your beloved item you can buy a shop bought) and you won't have them that long.
MAYBE level 15th gear might lats long enough to warrant coming sb'd (I still don't think it takes that long to get to 20th).
The difference between a shop bought and a drop is 1AD roughly (and armour isn't that important at low levels; I make do with Seamore/Logging Camp quests until 20th, but it is about 2 protection difference)... It is not that much. That 1 AD difference only matters at the higher levels.

Again, newbies die, you don't. If you think people in this game wouldn't sell your stuff in a heartbeat you'd be wrong. 8)

'get unlucky and lose your beloved item you can buy a shop bought'

The difference is the same with a lower weapon vs not. When monsters have lower HP, etc, etc, every little bit counts. You may not think it doesn't matter, but it does.

Sb'd items only matter at 20th, before then the difference isnt great enough (and the shop boughts up till 15th come sb'd anyway

Losing your item as a newbie specially at the start where some newbies don't grasp the game fully, they'll die. Losing your shit is a big warrant to quitting the game. There is no point to throw newbies under the bus. What exactly are you going to do with those level 15 items. Are you going to SB them? High chance is no, you are not. Are newbies going too? They don't have gold. If as you say it matters little/no difference than why does it matter that they come SB?

Ya'll might not want a fluffy game to start but there's a lot of things that can make a player rage. You might come easy to losing gear but a new player who just joined, got some rare drops at level 15, and than dies, losing everything, he is not thinking 'It's alright I have tons of them', or 'I can go spend 5k at the store and buy gear.'. They will most likely feel very unaccomplished like something was ripped from them, and stop playing. The first few hours matter hugely in any game.

I usually just use the quest reward armor and weapons, once in a while I'll get a lvl 8 item just for fun to lvl others. And most characters make lvl 16 without almost no chance of death.

Yeah again, you guys are vets. It's EASY to say this as a vet when you understand where everything is and where to go. A new player does not have the benefit. That's the problem that a lots of games seem to have and ROK tbh had too. It wasn't very new player friendly. The first 15 levels doesn't need to bitchslap the newbie and say WELCOME TO EO BITCH.

To put in some items such as the undead commander was something fun to kill, yes it was op for lvl 25, but it gave people fun things just to kill. And ain't gonna get rich selling a commanders blade for 100 gold lol. Ps I had to show people back before he was moved where he even was at. Cause people didn't even know about him.

But than you are shafting new players an OAD that is worthless. Fun to kill? You can two round it because it's made for level 8. What is fun with that exactly? New players NEED their smaller OADs. I been running tests with my lady and the bests parts so far have come from quests which really help progression and moving around areas (sense of achievement) and little oad or tougher monsters. You guys should be doing harder OADs. If anything, as a builder, you can see that there needs to be more OADs, so there could be some simple 2-3 player OADs to be had for level 25 between green/blue stuff that don't have to be overly complex.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:36 am

I said this before... but just make it so that you at < 16 you cant drop armour/weapons that are < 16th level.
Make everything unsb'd (except quest rewards) and add to the level 16 message "Armour and Weapons that are not soulbound can now drop on death."
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”