Terron

thanatos area

Postby Terron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:16 am

i think the grid should be changed just a little bit from the current:

i suggest:

row 1: mirror, melee only, mirror
row 2: magic only, no potions, magic only
row 3: mirror, melee only, mirror

this makes the meta change everytime thanatos moves instead of it bouncing back and forth on the same damage type oriented squares over and over. seems to happen a lot.

just a suggestion
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Folder

Re: thanatos area

Postby Folder » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:39 am

I like this idea. It's a lot of fun but can be frustrating when it's mirror room always.
<Silhouette>

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:17 pm

yea i could look at switching this up here soon.

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 am

This idea isn't bad, but I'd rather see something like
P = Physical
M = Magic
R = Reverse (mirror)
T = Trap (no movement)

T,P,T
M,R,M
T,P,T

Rigs

Postby Rigs » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:29 pm

Of course you could make it a bit more interesting and randomize the rooms on server start. I made a mockup script to show what it would look like. Keep hitting "execute" near the bottom to refresh results.

https://www.jdoodle.com/embed/v0/lua/5.3.2/amM

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:22 pm

The whole area should trap. Also the monsters on the path down should be kill to pass. This prevents single zombying. Group and come back is much better

Styx

Postby Styx » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:50 am

It should go down father into the very depths of hell, fight the demons surrounding him

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:42 am

Rigs wrote:Of course you could make it a bit more interesting and randomize the rooms on server start. I made a mockup script to show what it would look like. Keep hitting "execute" near the bottom to refresh results.

https://www.jdoodle.com/embed/v0/lua/5.3.2/amM

This would be awesome - evil, but awesome.

And i say no to all traps - i personally enjoy the super chaotic nature of thanatos, its different from other OADs in that sense.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Randomized would be fun but maybe a little too rough however it would prob fit better in a diff upcoming area I have.

I actually have something going in with the update that should stop zombies but traps on each square isn’t the solution I want. I like the idea of drop stealing and the fact that you don’t need to be the dominate clan to snatch a good item. Anyone can run in there even clanless and snatch something if they are smart about it and I think that’s part of the excitement in there.

Anyways input looks good here I’ll be stealing a few ideas for than as well as future oads.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:57 pm

if the monsters on path to thanny were ktp the only thing trapping someone would be the creatures thanatos himself summons. i do like drop stealing in theory but it isn't highly realistic in the way you think it is. typing /get item or /scratch nuts while hidden, reveals you.(highly stupid). since if you aren't tapping the get macro you aren't winning ever.

so realistically its just a crap shoot walk in tap grab macs walk out, heal if you took damage, repeat. and the only way its successful is if you have enough members to sit on square for the kill shot.

yesterday i was hidden on a 22 int thief level 24. i managed to stay hidden until mod when death hex randomly selected me to receive the hex, completely ruining my surprise element...(also pretty dumb). so i was quickly searched out and attacked. shortly after thanatos summoned a spirit which revealed me about every 6 seconds..seems nuts with 22 int. then i got finished off by: walking in; hiding; being revealed by murderous spirit; and promptly clicked by murderous spirit in less than a second

clan yells its critical so i pay to heal myself, i run back and guess what...?
walk in; hide; revealed by murderous spirit; and click.

yay another instant death. i didn't make it back for kill shot sadly. better luck next time maybe :D.

i do think some of these issues need adjusted tho.

1) a brig should be 25-50% harder to spot than a slayer(brig is hiding to survive, slayers hide to create opportunity)
2) the magnitude between 22 int and 10 is almost nonexistent,especially where monsters are concerned
3) tapping macs while hidden shouldn't reveal(potions don't..pretty sure its easier to see someone gulping a gatorade than it is trying to spot someone thinking about a magical hat or stick)
4) gift basket items shouldn't select you while hidden(hex should work exactly like crimson scale)(i.e drop on floor(yes) and cause vulnerability possibly)
5) my 20 int death mage uses 6-8 searches on average to reveal a 10 int slayer. (it should take atleast 50 to spot a 22 int brig just sayin'.)
6) thanatos and his summons revealed my thief every 6 seconds. thats "way" to often. he had 1 summon most of the time.

diversity doesnt create itself. if you want every class/race/stat to be important you gotta make it happen.

Return to “Archive Chat”