Zone Crystal Protection

Inverno

Zone Crystal Protection

Postby Inverno » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 am

A suggestion:

Let guilds buy monsters and traps to protect Zone Crystals they own. They can spawn with the crystal and attack everyone that not in the clan that own the crystal.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Ohko

Re: Zone Crystal Protection

Postby Ohko » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:11 am

I think it would also be a benefit if the underattack warning comes before 33% hp left. By the time we anyone gets to it to defend it, it's already destroyed.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:08 am

needs 10x the hit points, and heals need to be more powerful on them

its meant to be a guild system not 1 solo guy stab it for 10 rounds
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Terron wrote:needs 10x the hit points, and heals need to be more powerful on them

its meant to be a guild system not 1 solo guy stab it for 10 rounds

Heals cant change based on target. It auto heals after 2 minutes though and it's 2k per tick which is generally fast. If you kill the targets 3 times around (Any of their characters) they can't come back.

For HP 10x is way to excessive, that's 3x more then flame sally has. These were meant to be passed back and forth fairly quickly but I can understand raising it more, at least double. I'm going to raise it to 50k HP though and see how it fairs there.

The city ones will have far more HP though.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:15 pm

I can't say 50k will be enough. Generally the 4 times i tried to go and defend its dead before i get close. All this doing is making it slightly longer for a solo person to kill crystal. Groups will plow through them in 20s. Perhaps make them only damaged by pickaxe? And low damage like 100 per swing. So healsare effective and so people can defend it outnumbered

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:34 pm

Terron wrote:I can't say 50k will be enough. Generally the 4 times i tried to go and defend its dead before i get close. All this doing is making it slightly longer for a solo person to kill crystal. Groups will plow through them in 20s. Perhaps make them only damaged by pickaxe? And low damage like 100 per swing. So healsare effective and so people can defend it outnumbered

I will adjust it more then as I see. But I'm not doing major changes to start.

100k is flame sally and that takes a little to do. I doubt a group of 6 will kill it in 20s. I don't want it to take 5 minutes either. It's not fun to sit and hit something for 5 minutes. If anything if the HP is fine but the response time is too low we can increase the critical warn too.

The object is to promote small amounts of pvp in the zones and larger in the PVP. The zones were never meant to be a endless fight and I think it would be boring if they take forever to capture.

An item to do it is a maybe atm. We'll see how it goes though generally I can just static the damage instead of it requiring a weapon type or decrease it by a percentage.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:58 pm

it promotes no pvp if the crystal is dead before you can run there. you need time to scout/report and swap to an optimal alt and run there again. especially if outnumbered. i suggested pickaxe because if youre fighting 3 or 4 by yourself you might not die in 2 rounds w/o an annoyance of making your enemies swap tools midfight.

ive hit the crystals a few times. and unless they magically got armor or something today its like 99% hits. i just tee off basically.

flame sally has armor/higher agi and damages people that makes 100k hps actually mean something

has anyone else even tried to defend? or is it just a who fkin cares kinda thing?

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:33 am

Terron wrote:it promotes no pvp if the crystal is dead before you can run there. you need time to scout/report and swap to an optimal alt and run there again. especially if outnumbered. i suggested pickaxe because if youre fighting 3 or 4 by yourself you might not die in 2 rounds w/o an annoyance of making your enemies swap tools midfight.

ive hit the crystals a few times. and unless they magically got armor or something today its like 99% hits. i just tee off basically.

flame sally has armor/higher agi and damages people that makes 100k hps actually mean something

has anyone else even tried to defend? or is it just a who fkin cares kinda thing?

Yeh flame sally is not a sitting/unarmoured/toothless target.
I would defend if I was on at the time.
How about a pulse damage to all non owners? and/or it spawns some (weak and/or area related) defenders?

Optional:
Although if you give it defences you could give it some small gold drop (crystal fragments, a sell only good)?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:36 am

I don't think it should have defenses. The guild should be the one that defends it.I don't think you guys heard me when I said I'm adjusting it slowly. I see it's still is being killed to fast, but I test these things out with people before I go gun ho. It will be raised again until it's a good limit, with a possible change to when it warns, don't worry.

I've actually seen a few people defend it. Also a few people take it back when it's at neutral and they kill it then take back the crystal. People want to PVP, its fun to kill people.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 am

100k now with 50% notification (as posted on dev logs). Names were changed too.

I'd eventually like to see about maybe some upgrades but right now it wasn't possible cause data isn't saved for rooms in a way I can grab it right now. AKA it would reset every day.

Return to “Archive Chat”