About anti-spy measures

Dan

About anti-spy measures

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:29 pm

The recruit rank is a good idea, would work great if we had a guild chat restricted to members+, and another for everybody.

killa

Re: About anti-spy measures

Postby killa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 am

dale gribble lol

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:49 am

I mean if you don't want them to talk to you guys either maybe they shouldn't be in the guild. That's literally all a recruit can do. lol :P

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:17 pm

Its sad i have to explain that.

Spies in your guild chat when you are planning stuff?

Nvm, i think we should just not use gc...

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:49 pm

Y'all worried too much about spies. My guild will never have spies in another guild, and frankly there's not many guilds atm so you can probably stop worrying and just invite people new to the game. There are legit new people that need homes.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 pm

i have spies in every guild. all future guilds will instantly have my alt in them, all former guilds have me as their last member. i have access to all staff characters and the server regularly Pms me all your locations for nudes. sorry it just is what it is.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:03 pm

"-Added a recruit rank. This rank is the initial join rank and is below member rank. People with recruit rank cannot see the location of players. It may have other 'spy' prevention measures in the future as well.
"

I am sorry maybe i should elaborate.

This game is trying to get more players.

Old players are taking advantage of that to make alts join other guilds, to check who is on and what they doing to just be on their way. They can easily found if a guild is on a oad, just by checking member locations.

Recruit rank prevents that, its an improvement.

Still, a recruit spy could stay for a while and see guild chat planning on doing stuff.

With 2 guild chats, you can use one to plan high level stuff, and another to regular chat/help the new members.

Just an idea.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Dan wrote:Its sad i have to explain that.

Spies in your guild chat when you are planning stuff?

Nvm, i think we should just not use gc...

I totally hear u bro. Ppl used to require seperate discord channels just for leaders to have private discussions... And yes I agree it would be nice to have it in game rather than out of game. But there's probably more pressing things for NH to do that would improve game quality-of-life more imho.

Adding recruit rank was a good overall move in the right direction for better in-game guild administration. But as for NH's suggestion that the recruits shouldn't be there if you don't trust them to talk/listen - it sounds nice theoretically, but in reality it totally goes against how he's wired the game (ie benefits for bigger numbers and being dependant on greater numbers for success at almost anything, plus wanting new ppl to join guilds as a means of getting game info). I mean it would be great if guilds had the luxury of only adding ppl they trusted/liked and could still succeed at things without having to deal with lots of inflated guild-administration issues... but that isn't the game dynamics or guild system he's designed/allowed/incentivised. Just my 2 cents. Peace all.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm

Honestly though who is even spying? It's no one from Silh. Jeff and Angie? Doesn't seem their style.

Are we sure this is a big issue? 100% not trying to be a dick here. I think end of the day we can, as a small community, just be cool about stuff like this.
<Silhouette>

Dan

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Ok Folder, so sorry for giving a suggestion to improve the game.

From now on i am making sure i talk to you first to check if its a subject that you approve.

Return to “Archive Chat”