[Suggestion] PvP Healing Fatigue

Zarkral

[Suggestion] PvP Healing Fatigue

Postby Zarkral » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:23 am

I have been thinking about healing in pvp, especially with smaller parties in "kill to leave" rooms, like Vila traps. 3v3 or the like can go on almost indefinitely with a priest in each group, for as long as mana pots are available. This can also be replicated in bigger parties by using multiple healers. My suggestion address this is to add a mechanic to reduce the effectiveness of healing over time as the battle goes on.

My idea would be to add a stackable debuff which is applied every time you take damage in pvp. The debuff should reduce max hit points, or endurance if you like. And it should cleared when you leave combat. This means that whoever is targeted will slowly be losing max hit points, then in turn be easier and easier to kill as the fight goes on.

A side effect of this implementation is that slayers and brigs will get the unique ability to reset their healing fatigue at will by hiding. Similar guardians will be able to reset other peoples healing fatigue by protecting them, provided the person being protected stop attacking for a moment.

The debuff should be scaled to have little to none impact in duels, but strong enough to stop 3v3s in dreads to last an hour. After all pvp is more fun with people getting killed.
Aka. Ackermann - Script/Build/Event.

Terron

Re: [Suggestion] PvP Healing Fatigue

Postby Terron » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:00 pm

i think healing isnt very balanced for pvp imo. the pve portion is great.
healing almost 300 per stam basically nullifies an entire characters damage. most characters only do 270-320 a round.

it basically ends up that your party has to do more than 1300-1400 damage a round to outdamage the priest's heals and potion. thats guessing 1 priest. 2? lol 3? ... basically everything is stalemate of luck most of the time, people only die when outnumbered/priestless or when opponents party can exploit weaknesses of your character (i.e 19 agi/10 wisdom). its always the same types of builds that get dropped over and over. and this never favors the early bird. go in first? why be dumb.

there could be a couple of balancing ideas to help with this.

one idea is to lower heals by 50 for those neutral to you and -100 against div. and increase heals for same divs. in this scenario a fire priest heals 275 on npcs, 175 on riva divs, 225 on neutral divs(neutral/storm/earth/nox) and heals 325 on fire characters.

a different idea, is to give priests/guardians an expensive highish fizzle banner spell to "claim" a square for their div. when claimed your div gains a bonus to heals, other divs lose heal power. could even make banner a summon with 1000-1500 hps, that doesnt attack and cant move. and ofcourse blocks other banner summoning until removed. banner could increase heals by 50 while decreasing opposing div heals by 50.

if both ideas were used your fire div priest would heal 325 on npcs, 225 on rivas 275 on neutrals 375 on fire. only problem i see is healing damage would need a scrip or a flat rate for mirror rooms, or not, can just have fire raping fire if you want lol.

edit: in this scenario an opponents priest (non fire) heals 225 on npcs, 125 against div, 175 on neutral divs and heals 275 on same div chars. so banners are kind of important, aswell as promoting div stacking/avoiding enemy divs.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:07 am

my idea based on this was slow heal damage,
a % of the damage that you took would become slow heal, and could only be healed through natural regen or in a safe spot through normal healing methods
be annoying in oad uns... is there some way to make it only apply to player damage only?
would also mean new arrivals (alts of friend or foe) would come in with an advantage, may need tinkering with death timer
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:00 am

I am pretty sure i've seen a party of 6 with two priests still die..

Sorry, I think its working fine, in my opinion.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:59 am

Well... 3 vs 4 (the 4 group had a priest, 3 group didn't) 3 group won twice, before 4 group gave up. If I had been in the 4 group ida blamed haXXoring!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:15 am

ive also seen 7 priests die to 3 chanters a priest and a dm. player error obviously.

the 4 group failed to meat the game meta standards of atleast 33% priest composition. they should have used 2 or 3 for sure.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:48 am

Terron wrote:ive also seen 7 priests die to 3 chanters a priest and a dm. player error obviously.

the 4 group failed to meat the game meta standards of atleast 33% priest composition. they should have used 2 or 3 for sure.

Pretty sure the "standard" configuration is 1 priest for a party of six.
And in battles of similar groups with one priest, its not that it just drags forever. Even with two priests - we have taken out parties with two priests in 6x6 combat in acceptable time frames. 5m - 10m, tops.

Point being... healing isn't "super strong", not does it impede fun combat. Its well balanced.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:24 am

i disagree lol

break it down to straight damage most classes hit around 300 total damage a round. thats 1 stamina for a cleric.

most fights dont even have 6v6. when they do, even if it is 1 priest, theres usually a guard or minstrel tossing emergency heals on those flubbed rounds where dodge fails. i hit pretty much every fight lol it literally has the feel of standing in a circle jackin it until someone explodes a dbl bs or 3 fury round on your face...

the classes feel like meat, hard meat, soft meat, rotten meat, priest, magic meat, super op animal meat, ragein cajun meat, and ofcourse powerful mincemeat.

Zarkral

Postby Zarkral » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:55 pm

Zarkral wrote:I have been thinking about healing in pvp, especially with smaller parties

I don't have any complains about healing 6v6. As soon as you have 4 dps it is possible to consistently round people. It is somewhat harder with 3 dps but still doable. With just 2 dps you'll have to be extremely lucky. In the past two months I haven't died a single time to less than 3 dps when pvping on my priest (outside of moshes and mirror rooms) and I have been in some pvp: player deaths around my priest.

I hope we agree that healers (not just priest) have a much bigger impact in smaller groups and healing stalemates can occur as soon as there isn't enough damage to consistently round people.

Terron wrote:and this never favors the early bird. go in first? why be dumb.

I guess this is also a concern. An alternative could be to flip my idea around so instead of a stacking debuff, you gain a stacking buff. So it could be that every time you make a melee attack you get a tiny STR buff and every time you cast a damage spell you get a small INT buff. These buffs should clear as soon as you leave combat or leave the room. Result should be the same: if a stalemate occurs healing will get harder and harder. And if you are able to round people from the start it shouldn't change much as your buff wont get very high.
Aka. Ackermann - Script/Build/Event.

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:08 pm

pretty much the same effect as the banners w/o time released buffs/debuffs.

Return to “Archive Chat”