Opinions on taming

daedroth

Opinions on taming

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Is taming fine as it is?

I used 20 empty soul gems. Stalker with 21 CHR. Tamed 1 Mountain Goat (first time) and used up 19 trying to tame Jackals and Eagles.
Got bored/rage quit after that.

What are other peoples opnions?
Am I just a cry baby? Maybe I should remove the question mrk and make this one a rhetorical question.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Re: Opinions on taming

Postby Terron » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:41 pm

it can be rough at times lol.

think i captured 50 wallabears looking for good stats. got a pretty decent one. but higher level monsters are rough
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:12 pm

I've tamed one that was high level, I look back and a know know it was just pure dumb luck I ever tamed anything even with 21 chr. Therefor I have only 1 Stalker and rarely play him, but he is good for farming orish, that's about it.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:07 pm

its really no different that farming gear. your just looking for a "humming" pet instead.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:33 am

I wish the rangers scroll would give you all the info that you get when you examine a captured soul gem -,-. Maybe I should make a seperate posting... Just I make too manyy posting :geek:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 am

Theres a difference between roks tame vs ours too. The difference is pretty big, since yanno, once you tame one, you have it forever. :P

We could probably add the % chance of capture, but it would be based on the ranger that is capturing it since CHR does matter. 20 char is double capture rates vs 10 char, so it will sway pretty largely. I would put it under suggestions though as theres alot to do and chances are I will forget it otherwise.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:57 am

I put it here because I just wanted peoples opinions. I think it is too low, but that might be just my own personal opinion and other people might be fine with it (I also could just have done something to upset the RNG God).
What are the tame rates based on CHR for equal level anyway?
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:33 pm

daedroth wrote:I put it here because I just wanted peoples opinions. I think it is too low, but that might be just my own personal opinion and other people might be fine with it (I also could just have done something to upset the RNG God).
What are the tame rates based on CHR for equal level anyway?

Pretty sure lowest is around 4 or 5% with 20 char. I doubt I'd be changing this cause again, if you want a good pet, you gotta work for it. It's not meant to be a easy thing for the harder pets. If you could capture all you needed in 15 minutes it kind of makes the game even more boring. Grinding honestly is what keeps games somewhat alive.

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:36 am

Stalker is one of my favorites classes. Im OK with taming difficulty, even if it takes lots of tries to tame a good pet.

But i suggest a way to revert pets back to soul stones. If u spend lot of times on capture, its bad thing u have to release a pet if u want to test another one. I guess i captured every tamable monster in game. I have them all stored in stones, but ill probbaly never use them, cause i dont want to lose my current pets.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:08 am

Inverno wrote:... But i suggest a way to revert pets back to soul stones ...

That's actually a nice idea, I likes.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”