Research Monsters

daedroth

Research Monsters

Postby daedroth » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 am

Will this be a thing now that we can research items?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Re: Research Monsters

Postby Lateralus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm

I think this would be a good idea im all about transparency however how much would be shown? do we wanna show stats div drops? or are you just looking for pic and descip maybe level?

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:36 pm

more info costs more money :D
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Good a just to show what the decrit ion and possibly info on where it's at, giving away to much info can kill aspects of the game.

Otherwise I'd say awesome

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:09 am

I was thinking of just the info you get when you look over a monster under normal circumstances (like the /research itemname or item examination) since /research is free.
I do like Terron's idea that more info costs money, if that became the case though (I guess it would be something like /pet info # with the amount of details showing dependent on the gold used to research) then some creatures should be un-researchable?
I remember a debate from earlier about this kind of thing though... cant find it, basically people wanted all info to be available others said nooooo you should do your own research and find out the information by hitting everything with different divs etc (I kinda liked a diablo 1 way of doing it, the more you kill something the more info you got).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:08 am

I would say it could work on any monster that is regular and will show description and image only, like a look over.

Any uncommon monster or up will not be displayed by default, much like how we can disable items from being shown too in the academia, though I dunno if any items do this yet. This should be in suggestions though.

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 pm

It should give the monster description and image. We have ranger id scroll for the other information.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:25 pm

It should give basic training info. Descrip picture level divinity area. And vague info of Mr / ac. .ie it is recommended to use magic on this foe
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”