Rangers

daedroth

Rangers

Postby daedroth » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 am

Continuation from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2093&p=15957#p15957

Rangers.... what are they good for:
Pvp: decent enough (unless you are pking, better classes for that).
Oad: Not enough DPS and their pets while statistically superior to golem/zombie are outmatched due to how easy golem/zombie are replaced (also sorcy/necro are on a par/better with dps and bring other abilities). Once the ranger goes through its 3 pets it will take at least 2 rounds to get one back (1 attack to revive, 1 attack to summon and about 6 attacks to heal up), whereas a sorcy/necro takes 1 attack.
Pve: decent enough (levelling is easy because things are not going to kill your pet unless you totally neglect it) for farming, there are better classes (low dps and a pet will not make that substantially better).
RP: Any class/race/stat combo is suitable for this, the player is the important part here :D

Suggestion to make rangers more useful:
Allow pets to be revived and re-summoned with one attack and have them begin with a % of their health based on CHR (cheers Snyper, CHR makes more sense than just a %).
Other possibility you can revive using extra attacks to increase how much HP it comes back with (based on 22 CHR? 1 attack = 25% health, 2 attacks is 50% health etc).

Ranger Scrolls/Taming:
I have not used a ranger scroll myself, but I believe that it shows the level, div, race and if tameable? Taming a pet can be extremely tedious and to start with you have no idea if what you are taming is any good (esp. since the ranger scrolls show such little information).
The chance to tame at CHR 20 = 4 or 5% at equal level.
You waste a lot of time and effort (unless you are lucky...) trying to tame a creature and find out (when you finally nail it)... that this level 24 beasty is not any better than the level 5 critter you already have. Yay. Can you be bothered trying again with another higher level creature?
Basically this is not a fun mechanic, unless you have a general idea of what you are getting for your time and effort.

Suggestion to make the taming process better:
Have the rangers scrolls show you the average stats of the creature you use it on, basically the info that you would get from having just captured a creature and examining the soul gem except that it will be the average for the species you used it on and not the actual creature you used it on, in other words you see the base stats of an average Crow and not the stats of crow #2212).
using a ranger scroll on something that is not tameable will only show you Race, Div, Level.

What do ye'all think?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Inverno

Re: Rangers

Postby Inverno » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 am

Nice. Ill add one more features: a way to revert pets back to stones. Capturing pets isnt a easy task, and having to release a good pet just to test another one is frustrating...
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:19 pm

Never had opinion on this before but just started playing a ranger for first time n I totally agree with here 2 suggestions made by daedroth & verno.

1. Make the ranger scroll show stats (ie like you would see in a captured soul gem) of the average one of that mob type so u at least know what u are getting for wasting lots of time to capture.

2. Make it so u can put pets back into soul gem rather than releasing them. Can charge a lot of gold for this but it at least encourages taming more rather than get 3 best pets I can and then never change cos it was such a chore to find those 3 good stat pets.

Peace.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 pm

i think you underestimate the value of a ranger in pve and oads specifically. while pvp they arent the best but it has nothing to do with the ranger class.

my horc stalker can throw off 1000 damage rounds and it has a pet that can do almost 400

my ling stalkers pets are pretty much indestructible. just not on oads.

oading with pet revive at 1 hp is still amazing. you just all hate that the pet died constantly. but the way i see it, i spend 1 stamina reviving a pet with huge taunt that takes up to 50+% of the aggro from an oad boss and still usually gets a round of attacks off aswell. i spam a blue slime/yeren etc and hit 0-150 damage depending on hits/misses and absorb 1 huge attack from the oad boss. this is the most broken thing ever lol. makes healers job piss easy. just dont waste time pet healing because bosses smack 4-600, its a waste. respawn it with 1 hp over and over and over. its like a mini DoT spell that dodges and absorbs 1 attack.

pvp wise stalkers are extremely hard to kill, however they are just grouped into the same caliber of dps as ninjas, cavaliers, etc. they just dont beat healing. so when push comes to shove, the class isnt used because the meta is healing vs slayers and whatever support, usually guards. to keep the broken more broken with awesome heal power. while you struggle to hit me 2/4 i heal 4/4 religiously and i heal for more than you hit in general. so GOOD LUCK!

Edit: there is no pet revive anymore. 1 stam = pet with 1 hp. its easy and awesome. as i said the pets still usually get 1 round in, so u are wasting 1 stamina for 1-3 pet attacks and 1+ nullified boss attacks.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:05 am

Terron wrote:i think you underestimate the value of a ranger in pve and oads specifically. while pvp they arent the best but it has nothing to do with the ranger class.

my horc stalker can throw off 1000 damage rounds and it has a pet that can do almost 400

my ling stalkers pets are pretty much indestructible. just not on oads.

oading with pet revive at 1 hp is still amazing. you just all hate that the pet died constantly. but the way i see it, i spend 1 stamina reviving a pet with huge taunt that takes up to 50+% of the aggro from an oad boss and still usually gets a round of attacks off aswell. i spam a blue slime/yeren etc and hit 0-150 damage depending on hits/misses and absorb 1 huge attack from the oad boss. this is the most broken thing ever lol. makes healers job piss easy. just dont waste time pet healing because bosses smack 4-600, its a waste. respawn it with 1 hp over and over and over. its like a mini DoT spell that dodges and absorbs 1 attack.

pvp wise stalkers are extremely hard to kill, however they are just grouped into the same caliber of dps as ninjas, cavaliers, etc. they just dont beat healing. so when push comes to shove, the class isnt used because the meta is healing vs slayers and whatever support, usually guards. to keep the broken more broken with awesome heal power. while you struggle to hit me 2/4 i heal 4/4 religiously and i heal for more than you hit in general. so GOOD LUCK!

Edit: there is no pet revive anymore. 1 stam = pet with 1 hp. its easy and awesome. as i said the pets still usually get 1 round in, so u are wasting 1 stamina for 1-3 pet attacks and 1+ nullified boss attacks.

Yes. This was posted before revive was changed to one stamina (and I think some other changes).
I am not sure how much of my points are now relevant.
I hardly play and I already have stalker, so leveling another one is low priority even if I do start playing more.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”