Client Improvements/Global Ignore/One Account Per Person

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Client Improvements/Global Ignore/One Account Per Person

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 am

With the upcoming update, we are sliding people towards using one account and aiming to negate any factors that cause people to create secondary accounts bar trying to hold 200 character names without leveling them (Which in my honest opinion isn't fair!).

Let's talk about the most obvious change, the character login screen! Currently, you cannot sort via columns, however, you can add favorite characters to the list which will appear at the top of your character screen! As we continue I may or may not add custom sorting in this client, but for now it is sorted via name and should be a lot easier to manage than the previous client. The favorites list is a client side tweak though, so you will have to add favorites if you reinstall from fresh or use another computer.

We want to force people to use one account however. Sharing is up for debate but I think it should be stopped as well. We are adding some changes to resolve the need to share, such as a guild vault that only allows keys per city, a guild house, bumping the character limit per account higher, etc. It's not all set in stone yet but expect changes upcoming!

---

The second thing you can see is the loading bar. I am now pre-loading important files such as the skin layout, character images, and item files. This is kept in memory instead of being loaded from file each time and means that item/character rendering should be faster, and getting into the game shouldn't have a slow delay when you click connect and wait for the interface to pop up, meaning you should have little delay after everything is loaded. This has to only occur once per client startup, once it is loaded, it's loaded until you close down the client! I know this puts a little overhead but it will help slower computers and especially vault loading and other areas. Here is an example with a slower machine to simulate what some people experience vs the same machine with the new pre-loaded items.

You can see when I click via the red circle (not the yellow circle showing where the mouse is) when I hover over the vault (and the second vault even has more items to load!). The difference is fairly extreme though, and a welcome change, specially when premium vaults and guild key vaults will hold up to 100 items. You can also see the sneaky guild vault for keys button. Neato.

---

We are also aiming to release global ignore, which is a handy ignore system that is mostly handled client side, and most people should be happy about it. Virtually the server holds who you ignore, and then sends it too you on login. The best thing about it, it is ACCOUNT BASED! :popcorn: How grand is that?

One final note, there also may be premium memberships coming out, which will include houses! This is not a P2W model for weapons and other things like that, it's mostly cosmetics and other neat things that should be fun. I will post more about it when we are closer to release date.

Hope you guys enjoyed the post!

P.S. We'll try to have some methods of account merging so you guys don't have to do it one at a time. Will have more details later.

Return to “General News”