New Player Stat help!!!

Boon

New Player Stat help!!!

Postby Boon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:05 pm

I know I can reallocate later on but I would like to start off decent. I use to play ROK and I always new exactly what stats I wanted on each class and race combo, but here I am completely lost and am wondering if someone has maybe put together a guide that has the class then the optimal stats with the different races. I know I might be asking for a bit much here but any help would be greatly appreciated, I made a druid last night and must of spent 3-4 hours trying to figure out the best stats and I am still not sure if I went in the correct direction.

CGI

Re: New Player Stat help!!!

Postby CGI » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:40 pm

First list some classes you want to play, then we can help you with race/stat selection

Boon

Postby Boon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:55 pm

I have a goblin monk and an elemental druid wanting to make a
Dwarf paladin
Sauran slayer
HO zerker
Drakeblood Knight
Human Cleric
Gnome Necro?( having a hard time selecting race for my necro)
Hafling Ranger
Elf Sorceror
Dark Elf Thief
Bard( I haven't got a clue what makes the best Bard or even where to start)

Sadly I have always been an (Alt)oholic

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Personally I go for 22 10 23 18 13 10 on my slayer
However, there are good arguments you should go +1 on STR for the slayer. Consider an Horc...
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

CGI

Postby CGI » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:00 pm

Boon wrote:I have a goblin monk and an elemental druid wanting to make a
Dwarf paladin
Sauran slayer
HO zerker
Drakeblood Knight
Human Cleric
Gnome Necro?( having a hard time selecting race for my necro)
Hafling Ranger
Elf Sorceror
Dark Elf Thief
Bard( I haven't got a clue what makes the best Bard or even where to start)

Sadly I have always been an (Alt)oholic

Goblin monk builds are fairly standard - max str end wis, +1 agi
Elemental druids - max str agi end, +1 wis, your choice b/w int and chr
Saurian slayer - max str agi end, +1 str or +1 agi, rest your choice
Human cleric - max agi int wis, +1 end or +1 agi
Gnome necro - max agi end wis, +1 int

Boon

Postby Boon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 am

is a knight max STR. AGI, END and Chr or Wis?

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:01 am

Boon wrote:is a knight max STR. AGI, END and Chr or Wis?

STR AG END
And 14/16 CHR (for HP bonus)
WIS depends... you're always going to die to a chanter if your a drake/saurian/HO, but if you are playing something else, perhaps sinking some points there.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:20 am

Maybe someone should add a few base builds to the class section of the wiki.
Also, if the wiki is considered helpful, add the wiki link to the general tab with "new Players go here" or some such.

Tinkered a little with Classes (barbarian) section of the wiki. Anyone with wiki access feel free to mess around with it, add some simple builds (possible formats, but feel free to make your own - which would probably be for the best)? With a little editing (and copy pasting) it could be applied to each class.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Boon

Postby Boon » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:52 am

daedroth wrote:Maybe someone should add a few base builds to the class section of the wiki.
Also, if the wiki is considered helpful, add the wiki link to the general tab with "new Players go here" or some such.

Tinkered a little with Classes (barbarian) section of the wiki. Anyone with wiki access feel free to mess around with it, add some simple builds (possible formats, but feel free to make your own - which would probably be for the best)? With a little editing (and copy pasting) it could be applied to each class.

That would be so awesome the new player guides says if you mess up your stats you are stuck with them in the overview, that should probably get fixed up as well, I know that is very daunting and can be terrifying to new players like myself. Later on it also says that you can change your stats later one in the guide.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

Boon wrote:
daedroth wrote:Maybe someone should add a few base builds to the class section of the wiki.

That would be so awesome the new player guides says if you mess up your stats you are stuck with them in the overview, that should probably get fixed up as well, I know that is very daunting and can be terrifying to new players like myself. Later on it also says that you can change your stats later one in the guide.

You get one free respec FYI, handy especially if you mess up with your build. So you have another chance fre of charge, after that it costs experience.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Return to “Archive Chat”