Item progression at 25

Terron

Re: Item progression at 25

Postby Terron » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:04 am

i dunno if timezone makes that much of a difference. a little harder at most. i lived in EST and hit no events my first year, wasnt even possible for me at these "peak times". i have a different job and hit alot of events now. same time zone.

if every event was scripted and ran itself completely i think could just set every event to full random and catch every timezone sufficiently. event staff could also just run extra shit aswell.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 am

NiteHawk wrote: For event running I would of loved to but our early EU event staffers went inactive or quit. Aftershock was the last one and he quit the game entirely due to people being rough. I'm still looking for someone in that TZ though who understands the game fine/hasn't had any recent issues. So yeah, I get that, but it's not that we aren't doing it cause we don't want too, it's mostly due to lack of people who are even around during that time.

That's circular - we don't have events for EU, so people from the EU quit, so we don't have events for the EU.

In old RoK there was a sort of balance, where reset was for "the Europeans", while events where for "the Americans". I think we should have that. I mean, if those lazy Europeans don't grab the stuff (because there aren't many of them), the Americans can still get it.

Its a bit of a self serving suggestion, i know - frankly i'd rather have the events, but i cant stay up to 2am/3am even on weekends - and as a lot of end game stuff ends up being on PP, i sort of find myself struggling on "what do i do". I mean, you can't even buy PP nowadays, except at extortionate prices.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Lorelle

Postby Lorelle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm

I agree, being from Oceania is a death sentence in this game, once I finish work get the kid to bed clean up etc it’s 10pm here which is 5am server time, cool now I can kill raiders or do dread keys for a boss I can never run.... sweet

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:19 am

DOWN WITH THE TYRANNICAL AMERICAN TIME SYSTEM!

PS. I too find having kids and work is inhibitive to game time :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:46 pm

it would be ideal to have content at every hour interval thats randomized each day. so there is no hoarding of content because dread keys for example might be at reset on monday at 9 pm on tuesday 3 am wednesday etc. if every oad did this it would be great.

events are a bit harder but i think they could be scripted to pop up and run themselves eventually.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:48 pm

I don't think random oads opening up is fun for most. It was a more common thing originally but almost everyone hated the idea of having to check areas constantly. Forming parties/etc takes a bit, etc.

The other idea that was proposed was cycles every week, or month. I.E. The OAD could +2 hours every two weeks and cycle 24 hours throughout the year so everyone gets a chance, and its displayed when the OADs are available.

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:41 pm

nah i didnt mean it like that. the oads themselves should be announced ingame on alert channel(this should also be done for dragon spawns) and on notifications via discord. the oads would still all spawn at the same "time", just not in the same order.

in this way, we have dreads keys refinery at 7, refinery bosses/sals at 9, archfiend at 12, seta/mines at 4, gnolls/dreads at 7 etc

theres no reason the oads cant be randomized and they are just in a different order every single day

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:12 pm

I am a big fan of things being completely randomized or on a big rotations schedule.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:37 pm

I think the idea is to have a mix of some random times and some set times. However I agree it would be nice to have them on somewhat of a rotation so players at diff times can get a shot at new oads.

Ideally we have the harder (more players required) earlier in the day so that there is more of a chance of people getting groups to run them throughout the day.

I already shifted a few of the current mini oads a bit but can look at doing some others as well if people are interested. Keep in mind we are adding 4 new mini oads as well with the update but I get that people wanna atleast have a shot at certain oads that they have not tried or are gone by the time they get on.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:15 am

would just be better if there was 20 oads, 2 of them every 2 hrs and they just spawn randomly. part of the large problem is the day in day out exact same thing at the same times. sometimes it causes people to want a break rather than "oh i wanna hop on and see whats goin on"

Return to “Archive Chat”