Remote Party Leader Changing

daedroth

Remote Party Leader Changing

Postby daedroth » Wed May 09, 2018 3:22 am

Maybe make it possible for a leader to remotely pass over leadership of a party, in the case of unfortunate accidents.

PS. Would still like to see stackable bless/enchant scrolls :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Remote Party Leader Changing

Postby NiteHawk » Wed May 09, 2018 12:38 pm

Yeah would be handy :P

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu May 10, 2018 2:57 am

Good stuff :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sat May 12, 2018 3:54 am

Yea or even a claim party type deal. Which ever is easier I guess.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Mon May 14, 2018 11:29 am

Lateralus wrote:Yea or even a claim party type deal. Which ever is easier I guess.

Having a /claim party option could lead to complications, better to let the leader change who is leading.
I love sheep.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Mon May 14, 2018 3:43 pm

/partylead

Command first checks to see if the leader is in the square. If not, it randomly chooses from party members in the square and appoints one of them as the leader.

After that the party could decide who should lead but the point would be a very FAST way for a party to get a new leader in an emergency. The new leader would get a nice announcement ping and could dart away so the party could have a different leader appointed. Some times, the speed by which a party can cohesively move is more important than the "right person" be the new leader. Why make it more complicated than that?
If you look like prey you will be eaten

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue May 15, 2018 5:39 am

Kruell wrote:/partylead

Command first checks to see if the leader is in the square. If not, it randomly chooses from party members in the square and appoints one of them as the leader.

After that the party could decide who should lead but the point would be a very FAST way for a party to get a new leader in an emergency. The new leader would get a nice announcement ping and could dart away so the party could have a different leader appointed. Some times, the speed by which a party can cohesively move is more important than the "right person" be the new leader. Why make it more complicated than that?

In that case why not just make the leader the next person on the party list? Leader dies, party member two is now the leader, long live party member two!
This way you can also invite in order of leadership importance, and it also meets the uncomplicated criteria.
Uncomplicated is good for most circumstances.
Another thing though maybe there should be a condition so that the "next in line to be king thing" should skip anyone marked with AFK?
I love sheep.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sat May 19, 2018 3:38 pm

daedroth wrote:In that case why not just make the leader the next person on the party list?

I'm assuming the code doesn't actually keep a list of the order in which the party was formed. If it's coded like I did in another game it simply adds a flag to the character for party ID that stays resident during the session. If it just uses party ID then the server has no way of knowing the order people were invited. Simplicity would just be to rely on the PID system unless Nitehawk thought deeper than most when he did the initial coding.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Return to “Archive Chat”