Event Suggestion

Deranged

Event Suggestion

Postby Deranged » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:27 pm

I see spawns with dragons and other mobs happen every once in a while, I suggest having an event or mob spawn randomly that gives massive EXP on hit and kill for every under 25 to participate in. Shouldn't be that hard to implement. You could make ones for healers/brigs/dps/undead etc. I feel a lot of the entire server would participate in it since it'd be beneficial for anything under 25. Would also give that little bit extra to break the boring repetitiveness of doing quests/grinding mob kills. Thoughts?

Kruell

Re: Event Suggestion

Postby Kruell » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Just to thow out the downside of what you are suggesting. It was done in RoK at one point and certain staffers were accused of abusing the system. Truth be told, one staffer did indeed abuse it. Although in Ember it can be done with timed scripting that doesn't require someone to spawn, someone will accuse staff of knowing when it spawns and abusing it. Some already have accused staff of having the dragon spawn only when a certain clan has high numbers online, which is not possible as the Dragon was set up by Nighthawk and no staff member can do ANYTHING to influence the respawn. Whenever something like this is suggested, I always like to point out that the appearance of abuse and favoritism will probably create a massive headache for staff.

On the flip side, more "roaming" mini bosses could be added in leveling areas that don't drop special items but instead have greatly increased health and experience. By throwing these into the leveling areas on long timers it should randomize them enough that there aren't claims of abuse or favoritism.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:21 am

Kruell wrote:Just to thow out the downside of what you are suggesting. It was done in RoK at one point and certain staffers were accused of abusing the system. Truth be told, one staffer did indeed abuse it. Although in Ember it can be done with timed scripting that doesn't require someone to spawn, someone will accuse staff of knowing when it spawns and abusing it. Some already have accused staff of having the dragon spawn only when a certain clan has high numbers online, which is not possible as the Dragon was set up by Nighthawk and no staff member can do ANYTHING to influence the respawn. Whenever something like this is suggested, I always like to point out that the appearance of abuse and favoritism will probably create a massive headache for staff.

On the flip side, more "roaming" mini bosses could be added in leveling areas that don't drop special items but instead have greatly increased health and experience. By throwing these into the leveling areas on long timers it should randomize them enough that there aren't claims of abuse or favoritism.

First part is sad but true.
Second part: There was meant to (at some point) be random elite spawns and such, but it, like some other ideas, may have been either forgotten or in the works.
No harm in having bumps and reminders though :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:22 am

Kruell wrote:Just to thow out the downside of what you are suggesting. It was done in RoK at one point and certain staffers were accused of abusing the system. Truth be told, one staffer did indeed abuse it. Although in Ember it can be done with timed scripting that doesn't require someone to spawn, someone will accuse staff of knowing when it spawns and abusing it. Some already have accused staff of having the dragon spawn only when a certain clan has high numbers online, which is not possible as the Dragon was set up by Nighthawk and no staff member can do ANYTHING to influence the respawn. Whenever something like this is suggested, I always like to point out that the appearance of abuse and favoritism will probably create a massive headache for staff.

First part is sad but true. Such is human nature, although taken to the extreme here it seems.
Second part: There was meant to (at some point) be random elite spawns and such, but it, like some other ideas, may have been either forgotten or in the works.
No harm in having bumps and reminders though :)
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Deranged

Postby Deranged » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:24 am

Yeah, I know of the past of RoK. But if you guys are going to not impliment fun things that make the game more attractive and less grindy and annoying due to past bad eggs and abuse then there's bigger issues here, that's like imprisoning someones kids for something their parents did. There's a lot of ways to police monsters that give more exp than normal even if they were only spawnable by staff, which isn't the only thing I am suggesting anyways. My thoughts were more towards random world spawns with notifications like the dragons now, maybe even on square that are temporarily only for levels 24 and below at the time of the spawn and things like team events that are PVE that have monsters that yeild high exp. With the logic you're using to combat doing it is logic that could be used to combat having staff members period since they're all human.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:28 am

I think this could be pretty cool tbh I’d like to see more reg bosses give better exp. make it worth risking taking under level 25s to bosses in general. Yea the event would be pretty cool too!

Return to “Archive Chat”