Divs x Neutral Chars

daedroth

Re: Divs x Neutral Chars

Postby daedroth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:14 am

Another point for divs value: Good for specific OADS.
But still meh on the div system.
New combat speed will make my levelling more difficult, ill have to pay more attention while reading a book or watching a movie!
C'mon guys! This will lead to more character deaths for me :(

Ok I guess I lied (come on it was ages ago since last divinity discussion!)

Water: +HP/MP (water of life and all that - maybe poison reduction)
Fire: +Damage (and or MAYBE attack - the aggressive div)
Lightning: +stamina regen (the quick div)
Night: +dodge/MR (the mysterious and stealthy div, maybe night vision...?)
Earth: +AC/spell damage negation (the tough div, maybe also poison reduction)

Or KISS (since the above may be more difficult to balance):
Water: +1 Wis
Fire: +1 Str (25 str horc slayers... the stuff of nightmares)
Lightning: +1 AGL
Night: +1 INT
Earth: +1 END
Propblem is... Fire and Night would be severely restricted on classes... so might not work so well... Water kinda the same as Fire/Night, except not as bad, unless there is a complete re-work of how stats work... haha way too much work I would say).
Options A:
Give each div a second stat of choosing, so they pick from stat A or stat B.
Water: +1 Wis or End
Fire: +1 Str or ? (25 str horc slayers... the stuff of nightmares)
Lightning: +1 Agl or Int
Night: +1 Int or Agl
Earth: +1 End or Wis
But then the div's become too similar.
Option B
Water: +1 Wis or End
Fire: +1 Str or ? (25 str horc slayers... the stuff of nightmares)
Lightning: +1 Agl or Str
Night: +1 Int or Agl
Earth: +1 End or Str
Actually... the KISS idea is a terrible idea, let us never mention it again.

Neutral Divinity:
+1 Stat of choice

Further Thoughts:
Divinity bonus: Remove from all (PC/NPC, now player can level wherever they like, and not so much thought about rock/paper/scissors when it comes to div).
Or keep for NPc's only.

Blessing: So stupid as is, sorry, but it is, what was the RoK creator thinking? Earth div getting a night or storm blessing... seriously?
Can only get a blessing from the div you are (whether it is a general +/- damage to all and +/- damage to what you have div over, or one of either).

Shame there are no perks or traits, then div could act like this.
This might make neutral less attractive...

:popcorn:
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am

Hello,

With this changes I have an alt that will dodge like a Control Crystal against div, are we getting a free realoc or something?

Hugs,
Rafael

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Kruell wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:I can't believe I have to point this out. Slayers don't have to move back and forth to backstab. You can literally have F1=/hide and F2="a man" and just stand in the square landing backstab after backstab.

This is still a slight nerf on slayers. Yes, they can sit on the same square, but the cooldown before hiding again is not changing. (I might be wrong, but 99% certain of this. NH can correct me if I'm wrong here.) If you're not moving back and forth, you'll eventually be behind a round.

The only way neutral div doesn't work out as OP in the end is for the game to factor divinity into most end game content. For instance, there should be requirements on certain items that they require a certain divinity to use. Also, since neutral div can use embers (my neutral div caster uses a lightning ember) they have the ability to "fake" a divinity and therefore gain bonuses without any negative effects such as the pesky bonus to hit by an opposing div. I know the divinity explanation says neutral divinity can't use embers but my experience shows otherwise. I'm sure either I've just not tested enough or this is a coding artifact that will be addressed soon. Someone with some neutral 25ers can better say if embers work for them on armor and weapons.

Neutral divs can put embers on weapons/armors, but they should not be getting a bonus for them. If they are getting a bonus, then that should be fixed.

I still see a purpose of having a divinity even with this change and most of the pros/cons listed really matters in 1v1, imo. Sure you might face someone with divinity over you, but in a 6v6 fight someone in your party will have div over that someone. It just makes team comp more important and not have everyone the same divs.

Separate off tangent thought, what if neutral have div over other neutral? No need to discuss this point here. :shock:
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:52 pm

I think the -Agl/Wis div thing will make div's less attractive FYI.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Neutral don't get bonuses by adding embers to items, no. This is stated when you make the char and they are literally no bonuses, no weaknesses.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Kruell wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:Faster stam regen doesn't really help slayers, it hurts them because they got to move back and forth or wait out the timer for hiding again, which isn't being changed

I can't believe I have to point this out. Slayers don't have to move back and forth to backstab. You can literally have F1=/hide and F2="a man" and just stand in the square landing backstab after backstab.

Slayers have a timer to rehide. We already did this test and moving back and forth was about double the speed of using /hide. Depends how terrible you are though, if you never seen the rehide delay 8).

The rehide delay isn't getting faster though, it's still set to a second. So you'll probably have to still move back and forth instead, or take the slight delay.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:47 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Slayers have a timer to rehide. We already did this test and moving back and forth was about double the speed of using /hide. Depends how terrible you are though, if you never seen the rehide delay 8).

The rehide delay isn't getting faster though, it's still set to a second. So you'll probably have to still move back and forth instead, or take the slight delay.

I'm now on satellite internet so I have a constant +600ms lag. I have simply not noticed the rehide because all my commands are lagged to a standard imposed by my connection. Its nice to know though that I will never have to worry about running afoul of the rehide timer. :( Guess that explains why so many people get away from me trying to stab them to death. Please excuse my ignorance about the rehide delay.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:20 pm

slayers already have the penalty and fall behind a round with 8s rounds so how does the -2 second rounds not help them? that is the most retarded thing ive ever heard

healers - less reaction time and weaker heals
slayers -the same (yeah buddy time to shine)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 am

Because if you don't go out/in to hide, the cooldown remains the same. If you do go out/in it pretty much remains the same, might only be slightly slower. Fights will move faster, so yes healers will need to adapt to a faster pace.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:29 am

Kruell wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:Slayers have a timer to rehide. We already did this test and moving back and forth was about double the speed of using /hide. Depends how terrible you are though, if you never seen the rehide delay 8).

I'm now on satellite internet so I have a constant +600ms lag. I have simply not noticed the rehide because all my commands are lagged to a standard imposed by my connection. Its nice to know though that I will never have to worry about running afoul of the rehide timer. :( Guess that explains why so many people get away from me trying to stab them to death. Please excuse my ignorance about the rehide delay.

That doesn't sound much fun, FIBER M8 FIBER. I guess you live in the boonies though.

But yeah the delay is a second or so. We did a quick event silly enough to get 'who can restab the fastest' which involved moving back and forth to hide instead of rehiding. We then made it so that you can go back and forth or if your lazy you can /hide again, but for a penalty cost, which is x2 the average speed of players who go back and forth. I don't fully agree with the old system, maybe I'll bring it up again though.

Return to “Archive Chat”