Return to Temple

Kruell

Return to Temple

Postby Kruell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:30 am

Thinking about a few different games I have played and one feature that was nice that could work here would be an item that returns you to your set temple. Specifically, it would be an item that would invoke a countdown before warping you to your temple. If you are struck during that time the countdown would end and the effect broken as with food, mediation, ect. This was a feature in a game Overlord back in the 90s where you could return to your base after 10 seconds of nothing happening. Warcraft has it with their Hearthstone. Several other video games have had a similar feature. The major thing about this would be it should take time to use and the effect can be broken by attacks. In short, it should work like the logoff timer so it isn't used in battle or when you realize you are stuck in a square with powerful monsters with no way out except death....

I would suggest it be an item you buy in any temple. The item shouldn't stack so carrying more than one eats up your inventory. I would probably start the item out at 1000 gold and see how much it is used, either raising or lowering it depending on how effective and popular it becomes. It is a minor gold sink that some players won't use but others will love. This would solve the complaining about running around the world and getting back to Huldar from Drevlar (yes, my wife just logs off and let's reset take her back sometimes). For people out leveling who have to leave quickly (rl leave), it gives them a way to quickly move to a spot to log out without taking an extra minute or so to run back to town.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Kruell

Re: Return to Temple

Postby Kruell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:37 am

Posting for my wife since I got her feedback about my idea first hand.... ;)

Make the item something you wear. Don't make it one use but something you get to buy once and it can be reused.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Styx

Re: Return to Temple

Postby Styx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Disagree on its use, I imagine going to horn dagger, we got it , use item poof back at Temple in record time lol

Return to “Archive Chat”