Barbarian

Wop

Barbarian

Postby Wop » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 pm

Anyone know if moving forward there are any plans on modifying barbarians? Seems the negative dodge rate means no one plays a barbarian unless its for farming gold. The class is so hindered I hear people shutter at the thoughts of leveling another one after the pain stacking and expensive task of doing it one time. I have always loved this class and would like to see it be useful again.

Anyone know if there is any plans of that?

JadeFalcon

Re: Barbarian

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:28 am

Dont know.
They do need love. I think more HP would be helpful for them.
A different spread (or even increase) in their damage would be nice, too.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:56 am

Agreed. They werent bad before dodge nerf. They were essentially a less dodgy alternative to ninja BEFORE the nerf. And now, unless behind a guardian, are darn near a forgotten class. Ill ask pvpers to switch off barbs if they can and take a ninja for absolutely any scenario.
HomeGrown

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:14 pm

I just finished exping a night half orc barb wasn't bad . Pvp zerkers are trash. They definitely need more HP so the Rng has time to hit.

Ardrahz

Postby Ardrahz » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Just sucks cause it makes the only visble barb option a ling with a shield. And they do less dmg than gobby ninjas. With less mr.. And still dodge like humans
HomeGrown

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:57 pm

thats a valid point: they are defenseless and shitty to play.

however it seems to me everything is validated by max round potential

OMGZORZS a horc can hit 400 400 400 255 with this amazing 3 flurry 4x critical round (NEVER)

averages never even come up in these threads.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Wop

Postby Wop » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:35 pm

Just feel like in order to get people to play more than slayer/ninja it would be beneficial to change zekers and make them competitive. Should add diversity to the game again.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:25 am

i mean zerks can do the same thing a slayer does, it just takes 4x as long and has alot more absorb risk. plus needing a guard to even look at other players ..

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:19 pm

I don't disagree that they don't need some looking at. We'll get there.

But the -1.25 agi modifier isn't the reason why they're bad. That's all in yee heads. Maybe with HO though, bad AGI and then another -1.25 agi to dodge is bad. Someone with 22 agi becomes 20.75, etc. Not 0. I know some people think this and even though I've posted even a character which has proper agi values it still won't be accepted, 'dats life'. It is a penalty though, obviously, but it doesn't gimp them to nothing.

Anyways yeah, they're on the 'to look' list.

Also they always had a nerf, but before it was a % based one averaging around 1 to 1.75 agi, and also effected hit rate too.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:10 pm

because you are looking at 10000 attacks which ends up balanced and not small groups of 10-30 misses/hits that actually matter. which generally is all that matters. i can log a horc and hit 15/20, when this shit happens everyone dies back to back to back. i can log a ling and hit 20/20 and stuff dont die lol(considering pots). or i can log a ling and get hit by 19 agi 20/30 while he dodges everything. large streaks of missing inferior agi/hitting super agi 5/5 etc, all this stuff happens a little too often. basically just survive on huge damage until rng blesses you with a super round

if the characters lived 2500 rounds the agi stat might matter. its more like luck than actual agi.

only way a zerker is useable is behind a guard

you can use a shield too beef defense and get same blocks but honestly that just makes you hit worse than a ninja, with less stam,, less mr, less dodge, and still less armor. monks shouldnt even have armor since this game doesnt use armor to affect hit rates.

Return to “Archive Chat”