Cavaliers - Taunt for PVP

Inverno

Cavaliers - Taunt for PVP

Postby Inverno » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:11 am

A ideia to make cavs join guardians in tank role: make taunt work on PVP. While taunting, you may have a chance of anyone attacking your party hit you instead of their target. The attacker can receive a message when this happen like: "You intended to attack <original target>, but you went mad with <cav name> provocation..." or something like this.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Kruell

Re: Cavaliers - Taunt for PVP

Postby Kruell » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:54 am

So this would be like ranger pets who occasionally jump in front of their master. My main concern would be over conflicts in the code with multiple cavs in the party. If the code accounted for those conflicts and also only worked on PVP (leave PVE alone) then it would be a great idea. In order to not be abused though there would need to be a cap on effectiveness. I would suggest something like 30% maximum for 23 chr taunt but even that may be too much.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Inverno

Re: Cavaliers - Taunt for PVP

Postby Inverno » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:14 pm

Kruell wrote:So this would be like ranger pets who occasionally jump in front of their master. My main concern would be over conflicts in the code with multiple cavs in the party. If the code accounted for those conflicts and also only worked on PVP (leave PVE alone) then it would be a great idea. In order to not be abused though there would need to be a cap on effectiveness. I would suggest something like 30% maximum for 23 chr taunt but even that may be too much.

Agreed. Only PVE. The rate dont need to be high.. in a party fight with multiple ppl attacking at same time, even 10-20% seens to be very useful.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Return to “Archive Chat”