Copy Paste Text from Look over (etc)

daedroth

Copy Paste Text from Look over (etc)

Postby daedroth » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:11 pm

Would it be possible to make it so that you can copy and paste the info you get from looking over a person/monster/item?
Right now if you want to paste the description of something it is terribly fiddly.
It has been a minor nuisance in the past and I was reminded about it by a comment in clan chat.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Copy Paste Text from Look over (etc)

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:36 pm

daedroth wrote:Would it be possible to make it so that you can copy and paste the info you get from looking over a person/monster/item?
Right now if you want to paste the description of something it is terribly fiddly.
It has been a minor nuisance in the past and I was reminded about it by a comment in clan chat.

You don't need to control-c. Just highlight and then you can paste it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:04 pm

For me: I need to highlight, hold LMB, ctrl+c and then ctrl+v.
Oh wait, it seems I can highlight, ctrl+c then ctrl+v. The fact that when you let go the LMB the text becomes unhighlighted led me to believe you couldnt ctrl+c because the text wasnt highlighted... if that makes sense.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:50 pm

daedroth wrote:For me: I need to highlight, hold LMB, ctrl+c and then ctrl+v.
Oh wait, it seems I can highlight, ctrl+c then ctrl+v. The fact that when you let go the LMB the text becomes unhighlighted led me to believe you couldnt ctrl+c because the text wasnt highlighted... if that makes sense.

When its unhighlighted automatically it copies whatever it had yeah. There was issues with it before because I can't typically have the txtInput lose focus.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:54 am

i have to highlite it with mouse and hold the button the whole time. then ctrl c with the other hand. its been annoying since i cant just click 3x to highlite the paragraph lol

actually the general chat window is the same way now. because right clicking gives u window options now. i cant just highlite and right click copy
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:14 am

Terron wrote:i have to highlite it with mouse and hold the button the whole time. then ctrl c with the other hand. its been annoying since i cant just click 3x to highlite the paragraph lol

actually the general chat window is the same way now. because right clicking gives u window options now. i cant just highlite and right click copy

I thought you needed to hold the LMB (left mouse button) too, to keep the text highlighted, but you don't, try it and see:

Highlight all the text (LMB drag over text) let go LMB (text becomes un-highlighted)
Ctrl+c
Ctrl+v
It works (even though the text was un-highlightd when you ctrl+c'd it has still copied the text that was highlighted to the paste board) I tried it a few times just to be sure :geek:

Like I said, the reason I didn't think it would work is because when you release the LMB the text becomes un-highlighted.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:50 am

I could say something like 'text copied' at the bottom right though that might be annoying.

The main chat window doesn't do this though if you either lock it first with CTRL-L or scroll up a bit so the last message isn't the last scrolled. You can CTRL+C there like regular.

Return to “Archive Chat”