Events banning weapons

Folder

Events banning weapons

Postby Folder » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

1v1 events are still banning class weapons. Can we PLEASE stop doing things like this? Let me explain how amazingly powerful and glorious this banned weapon is:

Skullsplitter axe:
...This item has an average power of 29. This axe has a 10% damage bonus on greenskin and humanoid NPCs. It also increases your rage damage by 2.5% (NOT STACKABLE WITH OTHER ITEMS)...

This is the same AD as a humming PP weapon but this weapon is banned from 1v1 because of 2.5% bonus rage damage. Let's say in a 1v1 you hit 3 flurries (beyond unlikely) and they all hit for 250 damage. 750 x .025 = 19 damage.

It gets better though!

Ring of fury:
...The Ring of Fury grants 20 health on equip. It also increases your rage damage by 2.5% (NOT STACKABLE WITH OTHER ITEMS)...

This item is not banned. Not only does it give the same bonus but it also adds 20HP (again not likely to matter, but besides the point).

-----
Can we please stop preventing people with class weapons, yes like me, from doing events? Not sure why we are punishing people for having gear that is BARELY any different from other easily available gear just because it has a fancy name and is theorized to break 1v1.
<Silhouette>

daedroth

Re: Events banning weapons

Postby daedroth » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:59 pm

No way! Everyone can see that item is just OP.
As ive said before... ah nm I cba anymore.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:13 am

They should both be on the banned list. I'd also ban the Infinity Arrow though so that's just me.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Ohko

Postby Ohko » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:23 am

I disagree with banning class event items. They give such a small advantage that rng plays a bigger role than the slight bonus they give. Especially in 1v1, rng is the biggest factor of who wins and who's sitting in their temple.
Tivrusky

"The computer’s kaput and we’re drifting through space towards certain oblivion."

Folder

Postby Folder » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:26 am

Out of curiosity why do you feel that way Kruell? I'd argue every day of the week that RNG plays enormously more of a factor in every aspect of combat than any minor bonus from gear.

We punish people for getting marginally better gear, it's crazy. Maybe no one gives a shit but I've stopped doing events almost entirely. That's surely not what we want. Get gear > stop playing because not allowed to use gear? That can't be the goal here.

If you had 100% div weapons or something like crimson blade v1, sure, that's different. But I mean let's be honest 1v1s are all luck, it's a roll of the dice. Go ahead and put something in storebought white gear against something with full 400pp humming orange gear and guess what? The guy in white is still going to win plenty of times because the dice were in his favor.

The idea that banning any items from 1v1 or other events will magically balance out these events is backwards thinking and not being honest about how this game works.

Why stop at banning class items? Ban Easter Sword. Ban Devourer items. Ban 400pp items. Ban humming items. None of it matters, RNG wins at the end of the day. All of these items give a marginal advantage over someone who doesn't have them. If that's the goal then let's just make events use white or green items only. For fairness. :roll: :roll: :roll:
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:01 pm

infinity arrows is worse than jagged arrows.... :lol:

personally i think why ban anything. only thing that needs a ban in 1v1 is neutral divinity.

i can roll in with a priest using skullsplitter axe ring of fury drake bone armor and whatever event items there are. still aint winning with 2 heals. i would say rng predicts the outcome of every fight but thats wrong. rng just influences which 1 of the 3 or 4 superclasses always win at that specific time. theres 12 classes and 8 surely suck regardless of event items.

how bout we get some testing and make the rules so 12 classes can win, then worry about orange and red equipment.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:23 pm

This is what I have been saying since I got the first crimson weapon ingame equip it on a character and that character can I longer be used in events. I think the mao. Mentality is that if you don’t have it then it’s unfair. What’s more unfair is keeping a player from doing something cause another group decides it’s not in their favor.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

Just from observation, but when people are allowed their class items in the game they tend to win the event. Look at the stalker with full class gear, easily won a fight club event. Same would go with other class weapons/items. It would become an issue of those who didn't have it wouldn't even bother participating. You want to encourage people without the best gear in game to compete, not show them that it's useless to fight against those in the best gear. You think 2.5% isn't much, but you are asking for 5% and saying it won't change anything. These bonuses do add up. Even if we are only talking about perception then the perception that you can't win without this stuff will prevent people from joining events. We already have perception problems with this game due to the focus of class items within a set group, we don't need more issues. If you feel that you can't compete in events, then keep a weapon for events so you can switch out in order to compete.

Be glad I'm not event cause anything that was higher than PP items would be banned from all of my events (that includes items that give bonuses not available from regular items). If everyone can't have them with effort, then nobody should be able to use them within the system that rewards better gear. The reward for owning these items should not equate to bonus PP simply because you have the items. Other games are stricter than Ember on this issue. Most ban items not gained through normal questing/oading for events. Warcraft even got rid of the bonus for having tier pvp gear by equalizing all gear across battlegrounds due to the inbalance of having top restricted items vs available items.

Terron wrote:i can roll in with a priest using skullsplitter axe ring of fury drake bone armor and whatever event items there are. still aint winning with 2 heals. i would say rng predicts the outcome of every fight but thats wrong. rng just influences which 1 of the 3 or 4 superclasses always win at that specific time. theres 12 classes and 8 surely suck regardless of event items.

If you roll a priest with all the class gear for other classes then congratulations.. you have hacked or broken the game.

Invalid argument
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Rafael

Postby Rafael » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:49 pm

Lets equalize more, Just allow store brough itens.

Edtied to add:
I think that ppl should be abble to use what they have, maybe que should do a mosh allowing just reg blue itens, but makes a big list of itens and not allowing ppl to use os boring.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:54 pm

regardless the class wouldnt win even if i got a 2 hander and a shield on it and u know it. 1v1 event games all ninjas casters and cavs with a sprinkling of a druid going last or stalker never facing a mage. u know this, its only been that way since... yup forever. the gear is more or less irrelevant because div plays more of a role. well it did before neutral anyway. and rng trumps any gear aswell otherwise monks in blues wouldnt beat monks in orange/purple shit.

you can be snide about it or just plain ignorant. doesnt matter 8 classes suck because they cant win. no event weapon allows a stalker to not get destroyed by magic. stalker is a great class when no casters are in the event or you face none..
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Return to “Archive Chat”