2 hander option for chanters.

Terron

2 hander option for chanters.

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:40 pm

i think allowing a 2 hander option for sorc/chanter would open up some variation and be like a whole new class with almost no work from devs.

personally there is no way to get max str int wis agi end anyway so a "battle mage" would be choosing where to place its weakness anyway.

any thoughts?
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Kruell

Re: 2 hander option for chanters.

Postby Kruell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Spell damage based on equipped item is coming. They can't wear a shield so you can simply say already that a staff is 2 handed for them. If you are talking about letting them equip a 2hander like spectral scythe in order to melee that would be interesting but it would cut their magic damage down by half probably. I kinda like the idea if that's what you mean. If you mean they get bonus spell damage (since their spell damage will depend upon their weapon) then I'd say no because they already don't wear shields so there is no trade off.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm

yes i mean using a scythe or whatever and being a melee character with lesser support. fade for the suprise attack, power/ss for damage/armor boost and max str. more or less the character would lose wisdom or int. so its spell casting dps would take a hit.

anthriel

Postby anthriel » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:30 pm

This sounds interesting but I’m guessing that even a 24str mage wielding a 2Hander would do less damage than a blast. This is cos each class seems to have a different (hidden) damage modifier such that 24str on a cav doesn’t equate to same damage as 24str on an elder or a priest etc. I’m guessing mages have the lowest damage modifier, which would more than offset a 2Hander’s damage increase to their current staves.

I’d love to see a battlemage class inmplemented some day though - but I’m guessing that it may actually need to be coded as a new class.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:28 pm

mage doesnt actually have the lowest modifier im pretty sure slayer and brig do. 21.5 ad staff on a 10 str mage is 66.5 AD. 24.5 AD dagger on 10 str brig/slayer is 66.

no im for certain they wont be out smashing 250s like a cav can potentially do. however, a race with nice str and decent Int on top might hit quite hard.

sometimes its not about adding new bests. i for 1 would just settle for new classes in general, but this is "like" a new class with almost no effort from nitehawk. that being said im sure most players would try it once or twice. some may even like it.

besides blast is pretty low damage without div and enhancements/buffs. you do like 143-182 with 24 int. im pretty sure a 2 hander and 23 ish str(base +power) on chanter with 2 hander will hit as much as that.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:27 pm

To give perspective... tested this on build and a 16 str (19.5 powered) gnome chanter with a skullsplitter axe on neutral div does the following:
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 155 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 150 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 145 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 136 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 131 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 126 points of damage!

Maybe for 25+ or "prestige" abilities wielding a 2 hander will be an option. I do like the idea and it would add flavor and a difference to the game but I'm not too sure about implimenting this until it's tested further. I can imagine a whole hoard of enchanters running around with their melee weapons and that just isn't good imo. Maybe have these give 0 spellpower so your blast was maxing at 80 damage on div... make people have to choose between a spell weapon and a melee weapon. Heck, I'd love to see a melee chanter mosh!

I'm not sure if this will work or ever be implimented... but it gave me a smile thinking about it.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 pm

why would u pick 16 str melee wizard? lol try a dwarf or dark elf. maybe a goblin saurian or even drake.

dark elf would be like 23.3 str 20 22 18 20 15 10. or 20 22 18 17 18 10 etc

but yeah my idea is that their spell damage is basically gone. or something like blast cant be cast w/o a staff is possible.

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:51 am

Kruell wrote:To give perspective... tested this on build and a 16 str (19.5 powered) gnome chanter with a skullsplitter axe on neutral div does the following:
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 155 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 150 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 145 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 136 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 131 points of damage!
You attack a lightning dummy with your skullsplitter axe for 126 points of damage!

Maybe for 25+ or "prestige" abilities wielding a 2 hander will be an option. I do like the idea and it would add flavor and a difference to the game but I'm not too sure about implimenting this until it's tested further. I can imagine a whole hoard of enchanters running around with their melee weapons and that just isn't good imo. Maybe have these give 0 spellpower so your blast was maxing at 80 damage on div... make people have to choose between a spell weapon and a melee weapon. Heck, I'd love to see a melee chanter mosh!

I'm not sure if this will work or ever be implimented... but it gave me a smile thinking about it.

This dmg seens preety good for this character build. I would lvl one for sure.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am

Inverno wrote:
Kruell wrote:To give perspective... tested this on build and a 16 str (19.5 powered) gnome chanter with a skullsplitter axe on neutral div does the following:

This dmg seens preety good for this character build. I would lvl one for sure.

Remember, that is with a Skullsplitter. It would be nice to see it with a Spectral Scythe (hint hint maybe) or celestial halberd (and as Piddy sorta mentioned, something with more strength? Gnome, Elf, Drow please? FOR !!!SCIENCE!!!).
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:39 am

Terron wrote:why would u pick 16 str melee wizard? lol try a dwarf or dark elf. maybe a goblin saurian or even drake.

Cause I was doing it quick and dirty and I don't have an orc chanter

Return to “Archive Chat”