Todo List 2019

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Todo List 2019

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 am

With the year ending, I want to put out shortlist for what we are going to be working on. I will talk about it more in depth later on, but just so we know where we are at. Some of these are being worked on at the same time, so it's mostly a list of the near future.

1. Finalizing the threading fixes. This is a big overhaul on the back-end system but should fix most if not all server crashes and all the weird script errors people get sometimes, like negative bard heals and errors when casting a spell.
2. Adding crafting to the game with proficiencies. Mining, Tailoring, Forging, Skinning, Enchanting, Disenchanting, etc. You'll be able to create interesting items as your level progresses, and we want to bring in prefix/suffix items too.
3. Guild dynamics and looking at resolving this so it's not a problem anymore. Perhaps releasing global embers if guilds will be under control. Fix up the control shards system and also allow guilds to 'own' cities too. There has been a lot of talks on this and we have some ideas for it.
4. OAD adjustments. Probably after guild dynamics are in to support/compensate it. (Maybe one a day instances you can trigger?) We need to ensure there is PVP in other things if it's knocked out from OADs, though maybe not ALL oads will be using the 'new system'. We will probably bring in one or two OADs to test this out first and see what everyones takes is first, so don't worry just yet.
5. Class/Spell/MR adjustments. Probably coming in sooner then later. We'll be making weapons useful for spell casters and looking into MR some more to better balance it. I also intend to adjust some classes like slayers as I know we dipped a little to far in the deep end and need some sort of compensation or adjustment to them.
6. Possibly working on class branches after level 25 (i.e. a rebirth system) that gives your characters some bonuses and/or allows you to focus your class. For example, a Priest can either focus on group healing or single person healing. A knight might focus on attack damage or taunt/defense. etc. This is still in the air but I'm going to discuss it sometime soon. We may also bring in a new class or two before this once the class adjustments are complete.
7. New client. After all the above is done I want to work on the new client while OAD adjustments are being worked on by builders. The goal is to support all OS and even web based first. I intend on making sure there is a TABLET mode that allows tablet support too (I.E. better display of certain things on a tablet, being able to click/target/etc, popup controls for saved macros, finger patterns to change icon modes like attack/spells, etc.

Thanks guys! Hope you have a great christmas and a awesome new years!

anthriel

Re: Todo List 2019

Postby anthriel » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Sounds great NH. Thank you for all your dedication and hard work to this game and its community! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and happy new year!

Hopefully you can also add:
8. Find a way to balance out the PP distribution for different timezones. (this doesnt need to be done by running events and needing event staff... it could be done by adding automated things eg worldwalker that spawns 3-5am server time who drops herocoins instead of scales, easter eggs that spawn at 3-5am server time etc)

Peace.

Terron

Postby Terron » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:40 pm

most pp should come from achievements for each acct and some achievements per character. only system that will be fair to everyone.

achievements give something to strive for and eliminate alot of boredom. and hell, alot of achievements can just be simple things like "level a male and a female to 25 for 3 pp". doesnt matter, people will try to complete all of it.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:40 am

And/or... use the PP/CM points already in place and add them to quests (no need to add another set of coinage: PP for PvP inc. certain Events/Achievement, CM for PvE Quests inc. certain Events/Achievements). Add more item choices to buy with them and tinker the pre-existing items cost to balance things out (maximum quality of items being blue?). Add in some more repeatable quests.
As I've said before this would make solo/small unit play viable (you wouldn't need a group to grind out oads etc for items).
Only potential problem with all these ideas is eventual bloat? Which would happen with the system already in place anyway. Not much you can do to avoid that.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:13 am

Shame there is no way to implement a PvP area that did not require a staff to monitor and you got PP for X amount of player kills. There is no way I can think of to implement this without it being open to exploitation.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:09 pm

daedroth wrote:Shame there is no way to implement a PvP area that did not require a staff to monitor and you got PP for X amount of player kills. There is no way I can think of to implement this without it being open to exploitation.

we have a scripter working on an automated event like that.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:48 am

Lateralus wrote:
daedroth wrote:Shame there is no way to implement a PvP area that did not require a staff to monitor and you got PP for X amount of player kills. There is no way I can think of to implement this without it being open to exploitation.

we have a scripter working on an automated event like that.

I didn't necessarily mean an event, but that's good too :) I just meant an area where you could roam around outside an event.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:42 pm

needs to be a game wide achievement system that has the server award pp. first KS on major bosses *2 pp awarded, heal people for 10000, 100000, 1m 10m 100m benchmarks, train a class 1-25(meaning it cant leave acct), train all classes to 25, train each race, train each div, do 100k damage to dragons. etc.

list could be nearly endless and give people a reason to do everything they can all the time.

would be a large system but very doable
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:56 am

Terron wrote:needs to be a game wide achievement system that has the server award pp. first KS on major bosses *2 pp awarded, heal people for 10000, 100000, 1m 10m 100m benchmarks, train a class 1-25(meaning it cant leave acct), train all classes to 25, train each race, train each div, do 100k damage to dragons. etc.

list could be nearly endless and give people a reason to do everything they can all the time.

would be a large system but very doable

Yeah I do agree with this too.

Return to “Archive Chat”