instadeath.

Do you find it fun to be instantly killed by a 2 stack of snowmen hitting 13-1600 as you walk by?

Yes
36%
No
14%
/wrists
14%
/pull trigger
14%
/rope
14%
that's why i skipped that daily as much as possible
No votes
i dont play without a full zerg team
9%

Total votes: 22
Terron

instadeath.

Postby Terron » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:31 pm

mhmm!
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Lorelle

Re: instadeath.

Postby Lorelle » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:21 am

When this happens to you today it did make me laugh irl hehe

Terron

Postby Terron » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:49 am

hopefully next year its global AoE attacks

teach these idlers a few things

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 am

Terron wrote:hopefully next year its global AoE attacks

teach these idlers a few things

+1!
I support this idea, although I may be one of the first victims.

The master burglar does this too!
Makes the easy daily there fun on a lowbie (especially if it is on autosneak and exh beside pretty much any monster, as soon as you hit the square exh... eaten (even on non lowbie if its 2 or 3 monsters) - seriously autosneak should be like hide except you cant backstab with it, creatures attack you way too fast with it on. Imagine adding a slight pause before moving to the next square and no exh, I digress, many apologies!).

I just wish the Christmas area was more like the Halloween area I guess. No silly damage and fury/backstab (etc) actually meant something. Normal weapons do less damage, but still useable? Then you can actually add experience to the monsters (although that can still be done with the silly damage if you scale it right)... I do the daillies on a levelling alt because it feels like wasted time not to, not getting exp from certain creatures is bleh to me.

Neutral towards the abominable snowman thing, but it would definitely suck to solo. So far I have done this in a party. With a working day I doubt I would have enough time to solo it and it would be horrible. I sure hope there will be people still needing to do this daily when I get back from work today!
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:08 am

i mean it was amusing for 2 days. i dont mind the snowmen slapping for up to 917. (highest ive seen)
i just dont think there should be 2 stacks of them because players run by em repeatedly, they queue up attacks, and instantly destroy someone else as they walk by.

if the overall idea is to put people in temples, then there should be 5 stacks so people in partys die to.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:19 pm

fun fact there are a group of about 8-10 single stack snowmen before you get to any double stacked ones (sounds like you are maybe looking for punishment if you go straight for the double stacks)

fun fact 2 these monsters and items are basically renamed halloween ones because im lazy and only have time to do so much.

also this is meant to be somewhat of a group task although its rather easy to solo. if you dont wanna group and its too hard to solo there are 2 other sets of dailies you can do every day and still achieve the purple armor reward at the end of the week. 9+9=18 (3 to spare!)

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:53 pm

it is easy to solo because noone left wants to be a dick and start a war.

isnt hard to wait for a green red or blue snowball to take your target to half or 20% life. can even give them presents so they cant move.

not saying its wrong but there aint a successful game in existence since SNES where the hero is a gigantic pussy that needs 30 friends to wipe a troll. this stuff chases casuals away. not what you want if your planning on tablet/facebook someday.

most of the single stacks are the black snowballs which dodge like 80% although they dont kill you yea.

what im saying here is if a solo person gets gobbled up and spit out, then theres ultimately no reason groups shouldnt aswell. make the monsters 1 shot everyone lol.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:12 pm

I figured out the easiest snowmen to kill on the first night and found a nice spot to go back and forth between two of them if I'm solo. I'll admit, the mechanic can use some work to make it a less frustrating quest. That first night I ended up in the temple way too much. Casual players usually only give it one try before saying forget it when faced with overwhelming force. Feedback is a good thing. We can fine tune future things in the game when we know what is enjoyed and what is hated. Things can be made better.

I'm really proud of the player base though with this event. There are ways to exploit this event to hurt other players. Someone wanting to be a jerk can rack up massive PKs if they are willing to be patient and sly. I've not seen it happen. In fact, the cooperation is quite refresshing.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Terron

Postby Terron » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:26 pm

yeah was a great amount of teaming this time around. definitely refreshing and i played a little too much because of it. lol

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Honestly I was hoping for a bit more of a turnout so stacking to make sure there were enough spawns and forcing teaming playing nice was the idea. I will take a look at reducing the spawn stacks but ive honestly not ran into a moment where I cant find at least 8 solo snowmen to kill at any time. I guess I dont play at peak hours so maybe its that.

I still dont think its possible to get to a 2 stack without running past atleast 3 solo snowmen but I guess... :?:

Return to “Archive Chat”