Thread of Race

Hollow

Thread of Race

Postby Hollow » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:47 am

Decided to move race/class ideas to avoid creating clutter. All feedback and ideas welcomed as long as they are lore based and constructive, helpful arguments. Stats of course, subject to debate.

Races:

Frost Giant: Massive and strong but incredibly slow and clumsy. Heavily armored would provide bonus armor and the nature of their race could provide a very, very small resistance to water divs. Stats-23 17 17 24 12 17
Forsaken(Undead): Posted in other thread but moved here after more thought. Undead would get sight in dark, poison resistance and the ability to /devour after killing a player or NPC (NPCs provide less hp, can be regen or immediate) to regain a small portion of their hp and mp. They would also get a penalty for eating human food/wine as they are undead and require flesh to sustain their strength. Cannot become paladins/clerics. Make them susceptible to smite but don't make it as effective as NPCs. +3 to increase a stat point Stats: 20 21 21 16 17 12

Frogkin: Wise and Intelligent race of sentient, humanoid frogs. Not very big or strong but they are very agile and surprisingly charismatic for what you would expect from a frog. They would have the ability to swim in watery areas without a raft due to their amphibian instincts, bonus AD and dodge when on a water square. Regen hp at a normal rate but extra tick for mana regen. Naturally resistant to spells due to their slippery skin. stats: STR:16 AGI:22(+1 natural dodge, +2 natural dodge when on water square) END: 17 INT: 22 WIS: 20 CHR: 17 (+1 natural charisma due to their kindhearted nature and adorable eyes)

Gnoll: Humanoid hyenas. Fierce warriors who are adept at hunting/gathering but not so smart or wise. Intelligent and merciless but tire easily. Slight damage modifier, penalty to spell resistance. +1 agi to HIT but -1 to dodge bonus. STR: 22 AGI: 23 END: 19 INT: 18 WIS: 13 CHR: 14

Treant: Massive trees of ancient ages. Wise and intelligent, they are charismatic storytellers and excellent spellcasters. Bonus to spell resistance, very slight penalty against fire div. They lack strength and agility but in return are very endurant and have much wisdom gained from all their time alive in the forest. Bonus to manapool. They aren't very pretty due to having bark for skin. Penalty to AC and take more damage from melee. STR: 17 agi: 19 End: 22 Int: 22 WIS: 21 CHR: 17

Erby

Re: Thread of Race

Postby Erby » Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:55 am

I'm certainly digging the Treants. I want a race like this, at least one.

Terron

Postby Terron » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 am

KOBOLD: an inferior race of lizardlike vermin that are very simple to train.

strength 15
agility 21
endurance 18
intelligence 19
wisdom 16
charisma 15

Bonuses: Infravision , sun basking (meditate), immunity to blind , 25% experience boost, can +1 2 different stats (2 allocation points for first, 5 for second)
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

Styx

Postby Styx » Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:43 am

Trees shouldn't walk but good ideas

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:39 pm

Styx wrote:Trees shouldn't walk but good ideas

I am Groot!
If you look like prey you will be eaten

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:10 am

Styx wrote:Trees shouldn't walk but good ideas

Depends on the potency of the drugs you have just taken.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:18 am

I was thinking:
Pure Orc (or troll, maybe even make horcs into orcs and add troll), +STR/END, -AGL/INT/WIS/CHR compared to horc, and quicker health regen, poison res like gobby
Quickling (ling'ish but +AGL, -STR/END)
Faerie (gnome but +AGL/WIS, -STR/END)
Hobgoblin (horc but -STR/END, +AGL/INT/WIS/CHR (like a human/horc blend)
So many options and possibilities.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Styx

Postby Styx » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:41 am

New races need to be able to know spoken language in order to communicate with others

Need more then a grunt to convey ,,, how is your day, as opposed to grunt growl grunt grunt ,,, my day is pretty bad and now I'm gonna chop off your head

Edit, hint look at the charts of what str int agi end etc races could fill a void

Look at averages for the mean average of top and lowest points

Hollow

Postby Hollow » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Styx wrote:New races need to be able to know spoken language in order to communicate with others

Need more then a grunt to convey ,,, how is your day, as opposed to grunt growl grunt grunt ,,, my day is pretty bad and now I'm gonna chop off your head

Edit, hint look at the charts of what str int agi end etc races could fill a void

Look at averages for the mean average of top and lowest points

I get what you mean but I'm just blurting out ideas and if you guys who are in charge can use any of them, great. I don't know the game/lore well enough to do precise calculations for potential ideas

Return to “Archive Chat”