Legendary Event

daedroth

Legendary Event

Postby daedroth » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Is there a consolation prize for those who won't make it?
Even something simple like 1k gold per point. That would at least cover the cost of the items donated.
I mean surely the chap wouldn't say, "cheers for the loot, you didn't give me enough though, tough sh-t"
Maybe experience too for person handing in quest?
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Legendary Event

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:58 am

There's no way to easily track it on my end because of this and personally you get ample time to do it (a year). If you can't complete it before it's done, there's nothing I can do there.

You will not be reimbursed for anything. It's a quest, it's not forced. No where do I state about gold or reimbursement, nor will it occur here ;)

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:04 am

Strange, if it's not being kept track off, how does it keep a tally?
Anyway, no means no.
Back to afking and daillies, maybe.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:06 am

I would need to get 3 points a day, i barely get 3 points a wek lol
I would need to store stuff, in case I didn't make it, too much hassle.
I wish i'd done the maths before i'd started, ah well goodbye points, life is just too cruel.
I rage quit or something.
I love sheep.

JadeFalcon

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:39 am

Yeah i think some details might have not been well thought of
- Newer players are going to have a gigantic hard time getting equipment. All lvl 20/25 equip is being hogged. For some time this is acceptable.. but in 6 months, you will have issues (especially if at any time you do a recruitment drive)
- Some of us (myself included) might accept the quest without realizing the full consequences later.. it only dawned on me the immense chore it is later on...
- Why not make the quest giver accept gold? Even if at outrageous costs, it would even things out more to people who may not be item hoarders, for example. There is something unseemly on two people starting the quest on the same time, but just because one was a hoarder, it gets a huge start up boost. You know there are people that finished the quest the day they started it.

*note that i have 550pts by now, so i should be ok.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:47 pm

It was meant to be to get rid of some items in the game mostly and to continue getting rid of current items on vets/people who wanted something to do because they have completed most 25ers/running oads/etc. So no, I'm not looking at newbies here really. If it was based off newbies, then everyone would of been done this super fast. Not everything needs to be geared towards them, though I get they need more, this isn't it.

You could literally run any instance we have a day (We have three instances, so saying that you or a group couldn't run this a couple times a week is odd to me.) Most level 25 OADs drop an item worth 15 points at least (blue), and if your lucky 40 points (purple). I'm pretty sure one or two OADs can be run solo or small group because of how tone downed some areas have become. Getting a blue isn't difficult which is at least 15 points. This would be 'several' days of points if you base it off 2.7 points a day. By 6 months past I intend on having even more instances, so honestly the hogging thing isn't really a thing. Even now with the three or four instances we have you can do them without fear that others will have run them before you.

No for gold. There may be other things for gold removal, but this won't be it. Buy OADs if you need, people are selling. If you are at 550 points on the event, you still have another 10.5 months left or so, you'll most likely be fine yeah. That would be around 1.4 points a day needed, you could get one level 25 blue every two weeks and honestly to me that feels like a easy task.

Even if you have 300 points or so already which a lot of people have, it's about one level 25 blue every week.

Again that's even the very minimum, there's a lot of easy ways to increase this in the game right now that don't take alot of time per day.

----

The total points is tracked, but it's per file, there's no way to easily view or access them in some sort of list etc. Not that I'm going to anyways.

This was meant to generally be a nice thing that we gave vets to do, sorry you feel that way, but I've honestly I feel like it's been fine with the way this has been and how it was run.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:19 am

Well... for me I have 58 points. I think it was that, so not too major an investment, I just wish I hadn't bothered and either kept the items or sold them.
I don't play enough for oads/instances, when I am not afk doing things, there is no one running them (I am also indifferent to them anyway, I usually find them more hassle than I can be bothered with, I also prefer to solo stuff anyway which can't really be done well with oads etc - unless your maybe piddy). I do my daillies, that's about all I usually have time for (easy and vet, rarely bother with HC because of aforementioned time constraints). Also off course, I would need to get lucky with /randparty.
Like I said, I wish I hadn't started, but I'm not too bothered because I'm not losing much, and hardly have time to play anyway.
I was just hoping for some scraps for my wasted items.
Bah humbug and all that.
I love sheep.

Mort

Postby Mort » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:03 pm

I killed mostly level 25 normal mobs that dropped items, 25 greens are worth 5 points I bought some as well. But even if I bought nothing I still would have made it.

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:28 am

Mort wrote:I killed mostly level 25 normal mobs that dropped items, 25 greens are worth 5 points I bought some as well. But even if I bought nothing I still would have made it.

Nice work :)
I love sheep.

killa

Postby killa » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:50 pm

Well as one of my most active players in the game currently and one of the oldest. Most legendary items should come to me by default

Return to “Archive Chat”