Client Progress

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Client Progress

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:57 pm

I decided on using GTK3+ for the cross-platform capabilities. I think right now it's at a nice middle ground of what I typically code and what will be supported. MonoDevelop was giving me some hard issues, crashes here and there, so I decided to scrap it as GTK3+ can be used with Glade and VS. I will be posting here progress as it goes. Server updates are going to slow down bar fixes and balance changes while I get this going. I don't want to keep the similar interface as ROK as it simple isn't my idea and I don't want to copy.

One benefit with GTK3+ as I sit here working on it is the interface can be changed real easily. It's a plug and play CSS file that you can modify. There are already tons of 'interfaces' created that will modify the colors/etc here too: https://www.gnome-look.org/browse/cat/135/ord/latest/

I'm not sure what the main one will be yet, it needs to be black/dark gray though, I'm thinking https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1013722/ will suit the best but maybe someone wants to browse the GTK3+ and find some more. We can have some inital ones. I've been looking at fancy ones like https://www.gnome-look.org/p/1153652/ but I don't know how they will work, I assume I have to opaque certain areas obviously if it is possible, as this stage I'm not sure yet. Check it out.

Once I have a sample layout I will show it off for an example. Will be a little bit as it's a bit of a learning process for me.

Edit: This was the theme that Ghost uploaded, and it will be the base for this. It cannot look like this 100%, but I will be trying to get it as close as possible.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Client Progress

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:07 pm

For the themes, though you can use one from the ones I shown above, they will need custom modification to get the unique feel. But it's very easy. Otherwise all boxes/etc will be the same.

This is what is done so far. I'm working on adding widgets to the right side (and a proper container that has a different color) but it's generally has the idea so far on the colors. The background is subtle and I think it suits it. There is no color and the font isn't nice yet.

The font can be anti-aliased and I like the orange/white theme that ghost had did, so I will be trying for that. The sizes are not at all done yet since I am trying to figure out how to do it a proper way, since modifying it to a set value isn't so easy or nice apparently with GTK.

UglyStart.png
UglyStart.png (115.02 KiB) Viewed 6210 times

The ugly start.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:31 pm

This would be what I mean by adjusting the font for the right side panel. It is about as close as I can get it overall so far.
Attachments
newclient.png
newclient.png (111.71 KiB) Viewed 6201 times

Cerebrus

Postby Cerebrus » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 am

I like it :)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:58 pm

Had a bit of fun trying to figure out how to work some things. I'm using Linux now to compile it right now due to a version issue as you will see, but it seems to work good. I think eventually I will change the server to linux as well.

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (67.81 KiB) Viewed 6184 times

Don't have the actual text on the hp/mp/etc bars yet but it's alright so far.

Kawasaki

Postby Kawasaki » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:06 pm

Those are the sweetest words I have ever heard you say nitehawk. I love the idea of our server running Linux ;)

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:12 am

Pretty Much done the general guts now. Fixed some opacity levels but generally it is good now.

The fun stuff is going to come next, trying to figure out how to make the sidebars work properly as widgets 8)

EO.jpg
EO.jpg (65.1 KiB) Viewed 6158 times

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Got the first widget done. Minimize button will hide the stats. It works but doesn't update the [-] to [+] yet since that is mostly code side. Needs a clean transition too.

Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (73.27 KiB) Viewed 6127 times

dunky

Postby dunky » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:29 pm

That transparent bar with the name on it kinda obscures some of the image. Not a lot, so it's not really that big of a deal, but it's a tiny bit annoying.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:22 am

dunky wrote:That transparent bar with the name on it kinda obscures some of the image. Not a lot, so it's not really that big of a deal, but it's a tiny bit annoying.

It probably needs a glow overlay around the white with something black too, I.E. So it can capture both dark and light images.

Return to “Archive Chat”