Postby Kawasaki » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:36 am

Kenichi wrote:I rather not have windows in a window.... please

5536768.jpg
5536768.jpg (105.46 KiB) Viewed 7319 times

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Interface

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Anyways as I said, it seems like the general thing is that we should use this interface, and I fully agree on it.

On top of that, I like the E for the icon too. It looks nice. Would go well with the new client too. The logo itself looks nice and I'd be happy to use that too.

It's no rush on it though Ghost to finish it up. I still need to obviously get everything going first, then once I settle down I'm going to be reworking/redoing the client. I think maybe the best method would be once it's actually complete perhaps a PSD photoshop file or something in which I can extract most of the needed images and such if you think that would be good too.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:59 pm

I've been working on some of the secondary interactions and functionality and can post those soon.

Just let me know when you're getting closer to point in which you'll want the PSD. However I've tried to design the interface in a way that doesn't require heavy use of imagery - so if you'd like me to mock up an HTML/CSS version of the interface I can provide that as well - Not sure how you're coding it.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun May 01, 2016 5:33 am

No that's fine. All I need is the design and I can determine what needs to be an image and what doesn't. I'll splice off needed bits NP. Don't worry about anything more though.

I need to figure out a good plan for the interface as I want it to work on all os. I know of some ways, but need to see whats best

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Fri May 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I know I'm coming late to the game but here are some thoughts. I love the proposed new look. I've played games though that allowed you to have a "core" game screen and then certain sections were modules that could be moved wherever you wanted and organized to your taste. Without digging for images, just open up winamp in full mode and see how easy they have it to move the modules around. It's not something I particularly liked in the game bacuase I would end up accidently moving something when not intending but some poeople like that. The main reason I bring this up is it also allows the person to play the game "on top" of their computer while moving the modules to the sides to keep an eye on what's going on beneath. Plus, if you add in a single button to "return to default" and some locking pins even people who don't pay attention can fix their screw ups.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Aieron

Postby Aieron » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:56 pm

I love that updated client layout. I think it'd be cool to see monsters being an overlay on top of the room imagine if it's going to be that large. It makes the monsters feel like they're in the world more, and it's better than looking at a long list with monsters/players/items imo. If the room image won't be that big then ignore this suggestion. I think it'd only work with the increased size.

Gerry

Postby Gerry » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:06 pm

All I request is a sword icon to attack with, so I don't have to type: "a troll" then spam up+enter.

I like da clicky sometimes.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:20 am

Gerry wrote:All I request is a sword icon to attack with, so I don't have to type: "a troll" then spam up+enter.

Word

Aliege

Postby Aliege » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 am

Rodeo wrote:
Gerry wrote:All I request is a sword icon to attack with, so I don't have to type: "a troll" then spam up+enter.

Word

Speaking of 'word' is there any word on the new client interface. I know you've been working hard on the game mechanics, I don't want to come off as demanding or ungrateful. I just haven't heard much in terms of timeframe for the release of the new client and I'm excited to see the game get the interface overhaul.

Return to “Archive Chat”