A question about premium.

Boon

A question about premium.

Postby Boon » Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm

With premium coming out I am wondering if it would be against to tos to gift someone a premium membership for in game items or leveling?

JadeFalcon

Re: A question about premium.

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri May 18, 2018 4:30 am

Good question.
I mean, from the ToS monetary transactions of ingame goods are a no no.
But what about if I pay someone to level my stuff?? Its sort of the same thing.
So I'd say your proposal would be against the TOS

However - Why is it even a concern from staff what people do with their money?
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 am

Personally I think it's your money so why not? Not sure what staff will think though :D
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 pm

It's your money, use it when YOU need it!

call J G Wentworth 877 cash now
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Sat May 19, 2018 3:50 pm

For what it's worth:

In RoK, CM purchases went to a specific character and it didn't matter WHO paid. Since we are talking about the intersection of RL and game, trying to seperate where the money comes from may be beyond the ability of staff without some serious expansions of capabilities. We still don't know everything there is to know about premium accounts but I can't think of a reason it would be disallowed to pay for someone elses membership. The issue of multiple memberships will have to be something to consider, but I see a problem only if the benefits affect game ballance.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun May 20, 2018 5:41 pm

As far as I know no one knows besides hawk what the pricing will be or rules will be and honestly im guessing since hes been so focused on actually implementing the code he has not set anything in stone otherwise he would have posted it by now?

As for other things like buying others memberships for benefits inside the game. I personally don't like it because I believe its borderline p2w. I mean if you pay for someone super ultra premium membership for 2 years and they give you 3 questies/gold items thats literally paying to win. Is it fair if they become the "best" player in the game because they do this for 4 diff players and hold most the wealth in the game?

With that said there is really no way to police it imo so its kind of dumb to say nope not allowed. Its kind of like saying your going to get banned because you bought beers for your friend last weekend so he will level for you.

I hope it doesn't happen much because I like the thought of pair play the best player being the best and not the person with the deepest pockets but yea thats my 2 cents.

Return to “General Discussion”