Embers & Rare Item Drops & Staves

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Embers & Rare Item Drops & Staves

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:37 pm

Embers have been released into the world.

Embers are dropped on most monsters (bar lvl 1-3 monsters). The more stronger the enemy, the better chance of drops occuring. Better embers will also drop from higher monsters levels too (1-3% divinity embers).

Divinity Embers come in 5 formats, Extinguished, Dim, Regular, Glowing, and Radiant. They scale from 1% to 5%. The first three are on monsters around the world. Glowing will be on level 25 OADs, and Radiant is reserved for special quests. Glowing/Radiant have not been released yet.

You equip them on weapons, shields, and body armor depending on what you want. If you equip it on weapons, it give you a divinity bonus on whatever divinity you add. If you add it to a shield or body armor, it gives you a divinity resistance to whatever divinity you add. For example, if I equip a Dim Fire Ember on a staff, I will gain 2% Fire Divinity bonus with said item. If I equip it on armor, I will gain 2% Night Divinity Resistance (Because Fire trumps Night!). If you equip it on a staff for a magic caster, it will actually boost the damage against a specific divinity! Neato!

Remember, only one ember is allowed per item. If you add another, it will overwrite the old one regardless. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

---

Rare Item Drops are a thing, but I wanted to bring this up. There is a LOW chance (5% by default) of a rare weapon or armor drop from NPCs. This means that if a NPC drops a Crystal Mail, there's a 5% chance of a rare Crystal Mail dropping. Rare items will display a extra line in their description, and will also be a different rarity color, typically one rarity higher. Rare items can be better then just +1 though as well. You need to figure this out on your own. They will have different descriptions for different levels of rarity.

---

One final thing I'd like to point out is that a staff on a character will increase penetration rate (at OAD level items about 6%) and also duration. So it IS useful to have a better staff.

Enjoy.

Folder

Re: Embers & Rare Item Drops & Staves

Postby Folder » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:44 pm

Cool. I assume you mean resistance and not immunity there?
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:45 pm

Updated. Yes 8)

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Has anyone found one of these rare drop +1 items yet?

Folder

Postby Folder » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:44 am

I got this tainted cloak.

This thin cloak radiates with a dark energy offering a surprising amount of protection. Tainted Cloak glows softly and is blessed with night. It hums lightly in your hand. This item is classified as a cloth armor and has a level restriction of 15+.

I don't know what level "lightly" is since I don't have others to compare it to, and I don't know what the difference is since I don't have a normal one!
<Silhouette>

Metzger

Postby Metzger » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:47 am

Seen tons of +1. Some +2, very few +3.

Anyway, can we get a thumbs up feature for the boards, so I can show my appreciation without having to type a whole post out? Thanks bro.

Cynic

Postby Cynic » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:58 am

Lateralus wrote:Has anyone found one of these rare drop +1 items yet?

I managed a purple ivory nunchukas, alongside a blue pair. I thought it was odd until I came across this post.

kaijick

Postby kaijick » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:52 pm

Ive seen green and blue items but the blue didn't say anything about extra power or anything like that

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:08 pm

kaijick wrote:Ive seen green and blue items but the blue didn't say anything about extra power or anything like that

Thats correct. The only way to tell rare though is its a color higher then normal. There can be normal purple, green, white, blue, etc.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:14 am

Updated this, since adding an ember on a staff means you will gain that set bonus damage on any div. I.E. If you are a fire user with staff that has a ice ember, it means you gain that bonus on any ice user you cast spells on.

Return to “Archive Chat”