The current "meta" for endgame PvP

Terron

Re: The current "meta" for endgame PvP

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:00 pm

ok i lose 1 agility while unmorphed and the -3.4 for not being morphed on top of it. what im getting at here is they are losing a major bonus unmorphed and taking an additional penalty on top of it, its overkill.

regardless of how you try to justify it it is horrid to be unmorphed period. try to cast FF. its only use is standing at a town crossroads tapping a macro of some enemy guilds player you dislike and hope you hit him with FF as he runs by.

^rediculous
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Terron wrote:ok i lose 1 agility while unmorphed and the -3.4 for not being morphed on top of it. what im getting at here is they are losing a major bonus unmorphed and taking an additional penalty on top of it, its overkill.

regardless of how you try to justify it it is horrid to be unmorphed period. try to cast FF. its only use is standing at a town crossroads tapping a macro of some enemy guilds player you dislike and hope you hit him with FF as he runs by.

^rediculous

Why do you lose -3.4 agi on top? Because of cat form?

I mean, regardless you'd only gain 2.4agi if I removed the negative bonus. But yeah, as a cat you dodge more.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:10 pm

morphed i have 25.4 agility on my druid (pretty good)

unmorphed i have 22 (-3.4)
the 22 is also adjusted by multiplied 0.955 (the formula you said)

i now have a figurative 21.01 agility and can cast spells

4.39 total agility loss to do so. (not worth it)

edit: i would much rather have no penalty unmorphed and accept a slightly less buff while morphed. it makes no sense for an entire class to incur dodge penalties when they don't wear heavy armor. the entire class is decrepit hermits.

edit2: or add a 3rd morph that gets alot less stat buffs and allows spellcasting (example: tree spirit -5% fizzles +2 int 10% MR bonus +4.5% dodge)
just removes the penalty while morphed in this form and makes them slightly better casters
Last edited by Terron on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Terron wrote:...
morphed i have 25.4 agility on my druid (pretty good)

unmorphed i have 22 (-3.4)
the 22 is also adjusted by multiplied 0.955 (the formula you said)

i now have a figurative 21.01 agility and can cast spells

4.39 total agility loss to do so. (not worth it)

Technically its 21.01 and 24.257 (you still 4.5% remove it in morph, thats why AGI is higher then it was before) so 3.247 agi total. But even still, I would think you base it off normal AGI because cats are unique. Right now agree to disagree here unless other people dispute it as I haven't seen much about it.

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:27 pm

tbh i havent seen many druids ingame period. 1 elder gnome in stasis i think and vhexim human elder. they are barely used as far as i see.
a "caster morph" may be the best thing to allow diversity in the class.

will sight work to reveal fade?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:46 pm

Terron wrote:tbh i havent seen many druids ingame period. 1 elder gnome in stasis i think and vhexim human elder. they are barely used as far as i see.
a "caster morph" may be the best thing to allow diversity in the class.

will sight work to reveal fade?

Sight does not atm. It's slightly more complex to get something like sight making people visible just for that one person. Nothing the script can do to make that work yet.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:10 pm

NiteHawk wrote:Also, in terms of fade, would it be too much to have fade only work when you aren't in combat, or is that a bad idea?

Just curious.

That's essentially what we are doing here, right? If it breaks on casting a spell or being attacked...these same things trigger the combat timer.

XP loss is fine imo, haven't ever really heard much complaints about it.

Druid agi loss is a separate issue but I'd argue that if we want FF to be anti-fade (which is fine I guess, but not very practical imo) then expecting druids to sit there and cast FF is just a death sentence for them. They'd get smooshed quickly. I don't think they need the unmorph agi loss at all but like I said separate issue.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Folder wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:Also, in terms of fade, would it be too much to have fade only work when you aren't in combat, or is that a bad idea?

Just curious.

That's essentially what we are doing here, right? If it breaks on casting a spell or being attacked...these same things trigger the combat timer.

XP loss is fine imo, haven't ever really heard much complaints about it.

Druid agi loss is a separate issue but I'd argue that if we want FF to be anti-fade (which is fine I guess, but not very practical imo) then expecting druids to sit there and cast FF is just a death sentence for them. They'd get smooshed quickly. I don't think they need the unmorph agi loss at all but like I said separate issue.

Fade does not break on being attacked, it would make it extremely worthless. It breaks when you attack or cast a spell. Specially when a mob hits you in fade often.

But what I mean fade only working in combat, I meant it that when you cast the actual fade, you need to not have a combat timer. So to actually enable fading, should you have to be out of combat, much like eating food. I think that might be overboard but I was curious.

Druids, if more people reply about it I will change it.

Folder

Postby Folder » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:04 pm

oh I musta misread something. Don't really think it needs to be out of combat.
<Silhouette>

Terron

Postby Terron » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:11 pm

i like the refading in combat choice, especially when being faded adds that small penetration chance. i think its a viable option to start faded and blast fade blast blast or fade blast fade blast versus immense MR characters.. ofc im just speculating on this atm but from the unaffect scaling thread it seems worth it.

Return to “Archive Chat”