One alt vs Two alts

How many characters should you be allowed to login at a time?

Poll ended at Fri May 19, 2017 8:34 pm

One
62%
Two
38%

Total votes: 29
JadeFalcon

Re: One alt vs Two alts

Postby JadeFalcon » Wed May 17, 2017 7:52 am

I'm a solo PKer. Get to two alts limit, and ill become a Guardian/Slayer combo PKer. Nothing changes that.

The ones that would suffer the most would be new players. I would have a lot more power to bring against them (DMG), and they couldn't defend themselves , even if they were running two (necessarily under 25) alts.

Experienced players (independently of clan) wouldn't suffer this.

In fact, i think that having 2 alts "might" be great for my kill count:
- Those that leveled with a guardian would see their (nerfed) guardian die alot more, even though they would likely save their alt
- Those that leveled without a guard would have to balance out attention over two chars.. which is tricky
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Wed May 17, 2017 12:28 pm

Styx wrote:Just atm we don't have many guilds, if 2 alts then small guild could potentially do oads. Thereby alow wing small guilds to grow hopefully.

This for nothing , votes have it for 1 alt

Next update though will have party locks that can lock on party size, so with one a day keys you can effectively make 2 party oads, 4 party oads, etc.

I agree with Jade though, only people really hurt from it would be newbies as they'd struggle to fight off 'two' 25ers instead of just one.

Inverno

Postby Inverno » Wed May 17, 2017 1:13 pm

The game works fine with 1 alt only and shared vault/gold. Its more immersive. The player dont need to become a alt-tab operator.
Inverno - Saurian Priest
--
Lutz - Drakeblood Ninja
Kim - Elf Ninja
Mai - Elemental Ninja
Olrox - Dwarf DeathMage
Tumbizaletalayer - Half Orc Guardian
Bastian - Goblin Cavalier Bark Bark!
Neymar - Saurian Stalker
Mime - Saurian Minstrel

Mujahideen

Postby Mujahideen » Wed May 17, 2017 1:52 pm

I agree with Jade though, only people really hurt from it would be newbies as they'd struggle to fight off 'two' 25ers instead of just one.

I think this is a bit of an over statement; newbies are not going to beat a vet at any rate.; having alts can help them level and do OaDs.

I'm a solo PKer. Get to two alts limit, and ill become a Guardian/Slayer combo PKer. Nothing changes that.

And someone else will go chanter/zerker or slayer/slayer
Troll. I am here to create the issues that plague the game, I will push your buttons and like the outcome.

Folder

Postby Folder » Wed May 17, 2017 1:56 pm

Not so much about fighting them off as it is running away, tbh. If I come at you with 2 slayers now I got twice the chance to round your leveling character.
<Silhouette>

killa

Postby killa » Sun May 21, 2017 9:00 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:I'm a solo PKer. Get to two alts limit, and ill become a Guardian/Slayer combo PKer. Nothing changes that.

The ones that would suffer the most would be new players. I would have a lot more power to bring against them (DMG), and they couldn't defend themselves , even if they were running two (necessarily under 25) alts.

- Those that leveled with a guardian would see their (nerfed) guardian die alot more, even though they would likely save their alt
- Those that leveled without a guard would have to balance out attention over two chars.. which is tricky

you will still miss a newb 10 times in a row like you do now, so they can still laugh at you irl, tho

killa

Postby killa » Sun May 21, 2017 9:03 pm

killa wrote:
JadeFalcon wrote:I'm a solo PKer. Get to two alts limit, and ill become a Guardian/Slayer combo PKer. Nothing changes that.

you will still miss a newb 10 times in a row like you do now, so they can still laugh at you irl, tho

my slayer had your kill count before Christmas and I don't even play, I think you just struggle with that lol

Folder

Postby Folder » Sun May 21, 2017 9:28 pm

Wb Killa 8-)
<Silhouette>

Cyrus

Postby Cyrus » Sun May 21, 2017 11:13 pm

Saw this too late to vote but hope my suggestion gets heard still:

Script it so when users are low i.e. <10, people can log in 2 alts. Can even make it so 1 of the alts has to be under 25, as this would clearly help levelers when few are on and make the leveling less boring as 2 alts require more focus and action.

Styx

Postby Styx » Mon May 22, 2017 4:01 am

Or set it to under level 25 only can log 2 alts

Return to “Archive Chat”