What's Next?

User avatar
NiteHawk
Site Admin
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 am

What's Next?

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:48 am

I know the numbers have been a bit low lately, we'll be working on this soon though. The next few updates are going to be in relation to stuff to do after level 25, premium membership, and the new client.

-First up, we are going to finish the zone and city capture system. I will release all the bonuses that this system gives soon, and will eventually add the info directly IG. We are also adding stores to each area so not only do you gain gold from certain things (NPC deaths, stores, etc) you will gain access to zone controlled stores. Expect city capturing to be harder and warn the guild almost instantly. This one will be done well before the big update is in, expect it within the next week or two.

'Stuff to do Update'
-Adding skills. Disenchanting, crafting, fishing, etc. I will go into depth more later on on skills, but let us talk about a couple skills really quick.
--Disenchanting will break apart any items you don't want. Weapon or Armor. They will disenchant into dusts but have a greater chance at rarer dusts the more you level your disenchanting skill... For example someone who disenchants a blue item at level 1 might have a 25% chance to gain a blue dust, and 75% chance to gain a green dust. Someone who has maxed out disenchanting might have a 75% to gain a blue dust, and 25% to gain a green dust. Dusts can be converted downwards at a 1:2 ratio, but not upwards. (Numbers will change, this is an example only.) There is one dust per rarity color (I.E. Green dust, Blue dust, etc.) These dusts can be used to add humming effects to your weapon, though you'll need quite a few dusts. You can also use it for the crafting skills to craft items. Disenchanting might break up the item into 3-4 materials too. I don\t want to get COMPLEX with it (if you remember ROKs), so there won't be many materials. Let's say 4 dusts: White, Green, Blue, Purple... And then 4 materials (if we use materials too): A white material, green material, blue material, purple material.
--Crafting will simply be crafting items. As you progress, more items will unlock, or your chance to craft X item will be greater. I am unsure if we'll do a fail/success thing and have no limit to what you can craft or simply just have more crafts unlock as you level. Again, I want it to be basic.
--Alchemy.. Make potions.. More than just HP/MP.. 8)
---You get the point. Something to do anyways. I understand that some people don't like the grind aspect, but honestly, it is the grind aspect that can keep players in the game. It gives a purpose, something to do. I obviously know the grind can't be something that goes on forever too.

-Adding achievements. Kill X monsters, refer X amount of players. Kill X named boss. Heal 100k hitpoints. Things like that. Expect a bunch of medals and expect them to give rewards, both permanent (XP/Gold boosts, up to 5% total) and small item bonuses like PP or items. There will probably be bronze/silver/gold/plat for some of them too. You know, Bronze is kill 25 monsters total, Silver is kill 150 monsters total, etc. I see platinum as the 'harder one' but should be interesting and give a little bit of 'fun' to do, specially for new players.

-Adding the guild war system. I won't go into crazy depth but it's changed greatly since I posted it awhile back. There should be some fun PVP here though. This includes guild house building (and finally heavy use of guild gold!) and the dungeon building. The dungeon will be per guild, and in PVP the objective is to get to the guild vault and steal 'global embers'. You can have up to 3 Global embers, they will give bonuses to the whole guild, and will have a timer. The more people you have online, the less effective embers will be. Timers may be effected by how many accounts are in the guild as well. This will be an incentive to get your own guild and try to help out people who are outmatched. The bonuses won't be insane, but they will be useful still. As a quick example (again not set in stone). Let us say there is a global ember that gives 1 strength point. With one person online, he gains that full strength point. With 3 people online, they all get around 0.3 strength, with 10 people online, they get 0.1 strength. (0.1 would be the minimum it will go, for now.) This won't be effective in arenas unless event staffer wants it to be. A one person guild though will obviously have a harder time defending than someone with 5 online. I am 100% unsure on how guild house dungeon fights will begin yet but they won't be open all day.

-Adding more mini bosses and OADs that can be done with 2-4 members.

-Adding global chat with limitations. Can be turned off. I think this will help newbies not feel so 'alone' during the key moments of playing.

-Adding a friend list and a account identifier.

-Adding premium memberships. Premium memberships will grant some small bonuses such as being able to reclaim some unused character names, being able to change your character name, larger players amount per account, a small XP/Gold bonus, a customizable house with vault space and unique rooms, double global vault space, and possibly a passive pet you can customize as well (follows you around, doesn't get agro or deal damage, fun thing.). Some things may be payable with gold as well.

-The release of 1-3 more classes. I will be starting with one class, and will have more details as we go. We may get some magic damage/staff weapon/etc balance in here as well too.

-Maybe few other small things as we see fit!

///

After this, I want to focus on getting players back in the game as I think we'll be better off with more things to do. This means getting a proper client that works everywhere and then mass advertising as much as we can. Lat says he can probably get a good amount of downloads going with apple tablets, and I think a facebook client and possible being on steam will make a difference. I am aiming to hopefully get 50-75 players on at peek times to start, which is probably realistic with proper advertising.

///

Obviously there's a risk during doing these updates that the game will continue getting more quiet (I hope that is not the case!), but we'll try to offset this with unique events, and possibly trying to start up actual staff run quests. I hope you can all be patient and if your someone sitting on the sidelines, come back when we get everything going better.

Thanks guys!

User avatar
JadeFalcon
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:29 am

Re: What's Next?

Postby JadeFalcon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:22 am

Any UI changes in the horizon?

Give me stuff to spend money on!!!!
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!

User avatar
NiteHawk
Site Admin
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 am

Re: What's Next?

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:13 pm

JadeFalcon wrote:Any UI changes in the horizon?

Give me stuff to spend money on!!!!


What UI changes are you thinking about?
The new client after this update is one big change. It's gonna have alot more stuff, like debuff/buff timers visible, easier to mange friend list, world map, things like that.

Terron
Posts: 779
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Re: What's Next?

Postby Terron » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:22 pm

How much will a membership be? And what character change options won't be allowed for straight gold.
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box"

this game is like sim ant
zerg the red ants with more black ants

User avatar
NiteHawk
Site Admin
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 am

Re: What's Next?

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:47 pm

Terron wrote:How much will a membership be? And what character change options won't be allowed for straight gold.


Don't exactly know yet on either. Will have more details later on it when I figure out all the options to do and what we can provide. I will say that there 'will' be options that will be restricted to premium though. (free with the membership). Got to at least attempt to generate some cash flow cause we're pretty much spending a few on the server, plus I'd like to get a proper client certificate to stop AVs from moaning so much. Probably advertising too as we go along. To keep the game 'pay to win free', some things need to be nice to have that don't effect game play and can't simply be bought with gold anyways. Basic things like name changes though will be OK though gold wise.

User avatar
Lateralus
Posts: 1233
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Re: What's Next?

Postby Lateralus » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am

Yea these all look pretty great can’t wait to see some of them in game.

Hoping you try to release them as you complete them instead of holding them all for 1 big release type thing.

User avatar
JadeFalcon
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:29 am

Re: What's Next?

Postby JadeFalcon » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:09 am

Sorry - i was not clear, i was not asking for anything in specific, just curious to see if something was planned.
Don't take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Proud member, Halfling Appreciation Club

HAC Tip of the Week:
Roast Halfling leg with rosemary, garlic and white wine. Ideal for that family dinner!


Return to “Core”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests