Monk/Ninja

Reckqq

Monk/Ninja

Postby Reckqq » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:17 pm

Fighter - Monk - Ninja
Requirements: 16 Str, 16 Agi
Experience points to level 25: 400 million exp
Skills and Features
Brew Potion - Monks can brew Sapphire Potions, which give +1 agility and cancel the effects of the Druid spell Faeriefire for a short time.
Forage - Any class that can brew potions can also forage for the herbs that are used in brewing. These herbs can only be seen by classes that can forage.
Roundhouse - If a Monk successfully lands 2 hits in a row (armor absorbs still count as a hit) then a third attack will result in a "flying roundhouse." Roundhouses do anywhere from 1.5x to 2x normal damage. If you perform ANY action at all in between any of the 3 attacks the cycle is resetted.
Magic Resistance - Monks have a higher natural magic resistance that most other classes. The chances of spells "unaffecting" on them is increased significantly. Even Saurian and Half Orc Monks with very low wisdoms can still stand toe to toe with magic users.
Natural Armor - Due to the lack of armor type equipment that Monks can wear, they have a natural armor bonus. At level 1, you only get +1 armor, from level 2 to 24 you get an additional +2 per level, and at level 25 you get a whopping +4 armor! At level 25 you should have a total of 51 natural armor.
Meditation - The ability to meditate cleans a Monk's body automatically of poison, thus rendering them immune.
Dual Wield - Monks have the ability to equip two weapons at one time.Toggle between the two by typing "/tw". Monks can only use one at a time, however, Ninjas can attack 5 times when duel wielding!
:evil: TJ Lethal :twisted:

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Monk/Ninja

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 19, 2016 4:07 am

Should the hand bonus be scaled based on level? I feel like they are doing some high damage. It does level off at higher levels, but it's a base starter bonus of '14' which is why they seem like the powerhouses, plus having a four attacks (3 at level 8 plus 1 for dual wielding.) They pretty much deal way to much damage at lower levels.

I propose that the bonus raise as level raises, something like..
Level 1=8
Level 2=8
Level 3=8
Level 4=8
Level 5=9
Level 6=9
Level 7=9
Level 8=9
Level 9=10
Level 10=10
Level 11=10
Level 12=10
Level 13=11
Level 14=11
Level 15=11
Level 16=11
Level 17=12
Level 18=12
Level 19=12
Level 20=12
Level 20=13
Level 22=13
Level 23=13
Level 24=13
Level 25=14

Please remember that this is a SET BONUS to hands or weapons. Also remember that staffs don't scale as high as other weapons do.

It's really hard to balance when they have double the amount of attacks at those lower levels and also deal the highest amount of damage. obviously it levels off, but I think they shouldn't be able to deal that amount of damage anyways to start.

Lateralus

Re: Monk/Ninja

Postby Lateralus » Thu May 19, 2016 7:47 am

This sounds good to me it will make balancing monsters quite a bit easier. Since I am assuming we are still going to level lock items they wont be the only ones with a huge damage weapon at low levels.

Return to “Archive Chat”