Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

How should we have assassins with dual wielding?

Poll ended at Sat May 21, 2016 5:49 am

As it is, give them an extra attack.
38%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.5x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to min/max
19%
Give them a damage multipler bonus. Instead of 3.0x-4.0x, it will become 3.0x-4.5x. So they gain an additional .5 to max
42%

Total votes: 26
NiteHawk
Site Admin

Re: Assassin Dual Wield Bonus

Postby NiteHawk » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:56 am

Lateralus wrote:Looks good what's going on with that 4th dual hit? 711 is that incorrect?

Hm? Why do you think it is incorrect? It's the same max pretty much as the original.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:50 pm

Apparently this got reset sometime, The script is the original one. I am missing the new one I created for the modifications on backstabbing. So going to have to adjust this soon.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:58 pm

Should be fixed up again but I modified the formula to be more simple. The minimum and average should be higher with the 10% bonus, the maximum might be slightly lower (10 damage) but overall should be ok.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:44 am

Late to the party, but after comparing the shield bonus for medium armor users and how much overall negation it adds vs the small increase in damage for using 2 weapons, I would go with the shield every time...

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:23 am

FrostSlayer wrote:Late to the party, but after comparing the shield bonus for medium armor users and how much overall negation it adds vs the small increase in damage for using 2 weapons, I would go with the shield every time...

I strongly think you should level with a shield at least until higher levels.

The bonus is 10% like the other classes have (bar ninja). This means it will be more apparent at higher levels with better weapons. We have not released the OAD dagger yet, but with dual wielding and 22 str, its about 700-720 str. Without, its about 620-640. At that point it could be worth while, speciall when going in pairs where its the difference between both of you attacking and rounding a half-orc vs it surviving another hit. Plus your average damage is obviously 80 damage more regardless in the above situation.

If anything, if the bonus feels too low, then the one handed weapon needs to start lower, not that dual wielding goes higher. 700 damage in a single hit will be insanely impressive and going higher then that to me feels like you'd make slayers way to op in this situation.

I.E at level 25 with 22 str, one hand would be maybe 550 damage, and two hand would be 700. The dual handed damage won't change, but single hand would go lower.

Obviously the lower your damage, the less reason to use dual wielding. This is for any class that has a damage bonus really. I.e. if you are only hitting for 300 damage, it might only be 30 damage more, in leveling, thats not worth losing the shield over. There are going to be situations when one or the other is better, thats the main intention of it. Both having use at level 25.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks NiteHawk. The value of dual wield when your damage makes it worth while was not something I considered. Thanks for the input, I was only comparing it at low levels where damage was low.

Side question, how much does divinity affect hit rate? seems like it really hinders me vs mobs but maybe I'm crazy.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:37 pm

div is not supposed to affect hit rate.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Folder wrote:div is not supposed to affect hit rate.

Correct, it does not.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Oh, maybe it's just the mob I'm fighting then. I only bring it up cause it's kinda frustrating to miss 5 6 7 back stabs in a row on the same mob, that's all but if it's supposed to be that way I get it.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:19 pm

FrostSlayer wrote:Oh, maybe it's just the mob I'm fighting then. I only bring it up cause it's kinda frustrating to miss 5 6 7 back stabs in a row on the same mob, that's all but if it's supposed to be that way I get it.

Can be bad luck. But also make sure you aren't in an area thats too high for you. 8)

Return to “Archive Chat”