daedroth wrote:Imagine this.
You use all your stamina (damage multiplied appropriately) on a back stab attempt (basically if you hit you will likely kill something, this will likely lead to rage (to lessen one shotted rage could make it 1/2 to full multiplication damage, so two stamina is x2 to x4 damage, 3 stamina is x3 to x6 damage, 4 stamina is x4 to x8 or 1/2+1 so x3 to x4, x4 to x6, x5 to x8 or some such), but if you miss you will be vulnerable).
You cannot hide again until your combat timer clears (so anything that resets your combat timer means no hiding, which means no backstabing, run away and try again?) maybe + some time.
Something like the above has been discussed before and its been nae.
Normal attacks have a chance of critical hit (an assassin knows where to hit for best effect).
The issue really isn't about 1vs1. The problem with slayers is literally their burst damage, not really the overall damage. x8'ing it will just make it even worse. Two slayers can literally down everyone with no reaction times. Hell I think at x8 HO's can one shot div'd people at like 1400.
Again, the reason for the delay, this one or the previous one, is to separate attacks. The problem with slayers is the burst damage. Their main damage IS high, but to me it's not the 'overall issue'. Previously, the issue came from being able to queue and attack two attacks at once with movement. So because you can 'queue' (aka you submit data to the server faster then the server will react due to throttling) you get off two backstabs resulting in deaths before you can react. With two or three slayers its still a problem but less due to the timer increasing the more players are there.
By x6-8'ing stuff not only do they have a far easier time to kill people with just one character (I.E. all you need to do is hit him once or twice with a regular character attack, then the slayer gets off a x8 attack) It will just lead to insta kills and super rage. On top of that you increase their attack times too if their attack stamina is all at once, aka they will be faster then someone who has to use 4 attacks by half a second or so.
Even if it's not x8, you'd have to give them some higher attacks then they have now by a good degree. I don't see that happening unless it's a tiny boost from what it is now and then I think it just ruins them further and makes it impossible to balance when you can just use two lings with high agi. Sure they might have only 800 damage, but their hit rate is 50% or little more and two BS will finish the job. (AKA two slayers who hit for 800 each and high agi is the same as two slayers who hit for 1050 and have very low agi because you only need two hits regardless, so you might as well go with HIGH AGI and get the higher chance. Same results, better hitrate chance.) It will probably also ruin high STR too for that reason.
Anyways first off, I think we can do without the bonus spell damage against them (or thieves). Not really needed IMO. The have a heavier focus on INT now, which I think is a OK thing, so they already have lower WIS because of that. And if they want to sacrifice INT for WIS, that is their thing, and I think it's a legit one.
So now looking at what to do, again. There are a few options:
1. Move the hide timer after attacking instead of in between again. We can play with the settings on how long you're visible depending on how many people are around, though it will probably be less. We won't be adding the move to reset though. I think it needs to go anyways but people might just do this anyways to remove any chances of being attacked. Honestly, I think if slayers move away after attacking it will be even harder to kill, but easier if they stay. It's kind of a ying yang and I don't really know if this is a good idea to do.
2. Do something like Daedroth talked about. It's been brought up before but I think it just makes a problem with burst damage. You'd /hide and whatever stam you would have left would be your 'attack' damage. I don't think you can just simply 'double damage'. Instead it might be 20%-25% more damage (MAYBE) but only one backstab. Hiding until the next round will give you a benefit of 4 stam to use which can be a good hit. I think you would still need some hide or after attack delay. They would probably become very hit and run and it might be hard to combat. It means they would be played a lot differently, but the risk is again, stupid burst damage, harder to level, etc. I'm just bringing this up as it was brought up in Discord too though.
3. Change the way backstab works on them. Give them the ability to coat their daggers in poison OR just make it bleed damage. For example, CURRENTLY you might be dealing 650 damage with 4.5x modifier (around 4.5 anyways), The poison/bleed system would mean maybe you deal only 3x modifier (3.5x maybe, etc), so you'd only deal 433 damage, BUT THEN you'd poison/bleed them them for a total of 216 poison damage. So the result is still 650 damage within a fast time, but not all at once. I think it could be second based rather then tick based. For example:
I hit for 433 damage. For 4 seconds you'll take the total sum of 216 poison/bleed damage. (Each second your HP will drop by 54.
This would STACK so you wouldn't have to worry about losing damage if you hit two in a row. I would remove the hide delay timer, and keep it only for being /searched out. So you could either /hide attack /hide attack with no delays. (Or you can attempt to do the sneaky double hide thing.) We could possibly show the damage per second or when it's done if the slayers might feel better to see the 'extra damage' they cause. You'll be able to attack without delays as instead of adding the delay to the slayer hide, you now add a delay to some of the damage. You wouldn't need to boost damage as now you aren't losing the time due to waiting either per round, which is it's own benefit.
4. Keep it the same, maybe give them armor piercing. Meaning having armor will be less effective when fighting them, PASSIVELY only. ACTIVE will still be the same. It doesn't mean they'll do more damage to a low AC user as much, but your damage wouldn't be so negated by high armor passively. Right now armor passively negates about 10-12%, this could be halved/25%/not at all passively for slayers.
5. Leave it the way it is but maybe make some adjustments to delay timer so it doesn't increase so fast as people come in so they can still somewhat be used in group fights. etc. Right now it 'does' work though some tweaks can be done to make them a little better at surviving.
6. Adding a fail change to hide instead of a hide delay timer. I think though the chance would have to be pretty high in order to prevent or slow down their burst damage. Maybe gets higher the more players are there. I wouldn't know the exact amounts, maybe someone can suggest it but my issue comes from unless it's really high fail rates then burst damage is still a huge thing, and I don't know how happy people would be if they failed hides.
7. Something something repurpose them and someone can post more ideas.