Dwarves

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Dwarves

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Are dwarves bad?

I see people ragging on them, but I don't know if it's valid 100% or not or the stats need adjusting. If so what should they be?

RIght now it's:

Dwarf
Maximum Stats
Strength=20
Intelligence=16
Agility=19
Endurance=23
Wisdom=19
Charisma=16
Total Usable Points=108

Highest END right now.

Note: It could even be a bonus of some sort but Im curious to know what everyones says are on it. Please remember to check other races viewtopic.php?f=11&t=341 if you post up changes, because one change could invalidate another completely.

Thanks.

dunky

Re: Dwarves

Postby dunky » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Besides being a cavalier or maybe a guardian, what else would you do with a dwarf? Cav taunt works with Charisma, too, doesn't it? If so, dwarves aren't that great of an option. They are really just tanky and, at least at the moment, it doesn't really seem like tanks have a use.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:09 pm

dunky wrote:Besides being a cavalier or maybe a guardian, what else would you do with a dwarf? Cav taunt works with Charisma, too, doesn't it? If so, dwarves aren't that great of an option. They are really just tanky and, at least at the moment, it doesn't really seem like tanks have a use.

True, 16 charisma taunts are still okay though, obviously aren't the best, but still will draw enough at level 25.

Futch

Postby Futch » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Dwarves should maybe get some natural AC? Would make them more attractive or paladin/knight classes to play as, I'm rolling a dwarf ninja right now to see how they are.

Folder

Postby Folder » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:42 pm

They will be oad gods when the time comes. Will they be great for pvp? Eh, they are decent right now imo. But as Dunky said they don't extend to many classes very well.
<Silhouette>

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:07 pm

Folder wrote:They will be oad gods when the time comes. Will they be great for pvp? Eh, they are decent right now imo. But as Dunky said they don't extend to many classes very well.

Not all races well unfort. But yeah all good.

Kruell

Postby Kruell » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:34 pm

I have to ask... why can't they see in the dark? This is something that botherd me in RoK with Agorin and why I made it a GOBLIN mine instead of just a Mine.

I've battled a few dwarves in game so far. They aren't that bad really at lvl 25. The issue is probably that they don't stand out really in any class. I wouldn't mind seeing them with a one point higher Wisdom or Strength but honestly they seem pretty good right now.
If you look like prey you will be eaten

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:48 pm

Yeah, dwarves lacking infravision never made sense. They live in caves, the least they could do is be able to see there.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:45 am

Satsujin wrote:Yeah, dwarves lacking infravision never made sense. They live in caves, the least they could do is be able to see there.

Well I can actually add that, it isn't really a problem.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:18 am

I've modified them as follows:

+10 spell damage reduction (will take into effect at reset)
+2 natural AC
+1 wisdom
+2 HP per tick rather then +1 HP
Can see in the dark.

I thought about the strength bonus instead of the wisdom, but maybe it will be better this way. They are little tanks. I did not give them any extra allocation points though, I think even with the +1 they are fine. The rest might seem like a lot but it's all the little things that tally up. I'll remove some if it's too much. The spell reduction for races is new, but might work okay here for negation.

One thing I've wondered, this is a random topic, drakeblood. Should they see in the dark? Per lore they often don't I believe.

Return to “Archive Chat”