Assassin hide without moving rooms

FrostSlayer

Assassin hide without moving rooms

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:43 am

Lately, there has been a lot of things added that hold you in place. As an assassin, its particularly annoying because i can no longer backstab in these areas, making my damage tank to...nothing. Is there a reason why we can't just hide in a room without moving spaces? Rather than change the way the game works, why not just change the way hide works. The spaces that hold you in place are great for conflict, but very bad for assassins. Please consider this QoL change!

daedroth

Re: Assassin hide without moving rooms

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:45 am

I think this (and varations of) has been requested before (but people didn't like). But yeh it is annoying (esp. in lag). But eh... all been said before.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

Satsujin

Postby Satsujin » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:03 am

Yeah, I think it should be the kind of trade off you take for doing the most damage per round as a slayer. You need mobility to be effective, and anything that robs you of that mobility should rob you of your effectiveness too.
Heave ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die...
Mahariel | 25 Brigand
Starlyte | 20 Cleric
Starstryke | 25 Stalker

Deehok

Postby Deehok » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:56 am

I'd hate to see slayers backstab without moving but maybe had a special ability that gives a bonus on attack but takes two stamina? Say "Deehok LUNGES his dagger into you" does less then a backstab of course but more then a normal attack.

Just an idea.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:58 am

Thats all well and dandy, it just seems all of the new stuff has this mechanic where i can't move, and therefore cant backstab. the trade off is that i go from doing comparable damage per round to the least damage per round than any other class. Why is this a thing? only slayers damage is affected by it, and that shit is everywhere...

daedroth

Postby daedroth » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:19 am

FrostSlayer wrote:Thats all well and dandy, it just seems all of the new stuff has this mechanic where i can't move, and therefore cant backstab. the trade off is that i go from doing comparable damage per round to the least damage per round than any other class. Why is this a thing? only slayers damage is affected by it, and that shit is everywhere...

Oh yeh, much fun at vila traps I am sure.
Disclaimer: Any ideas I come up with may not even meet my approval. I am just posting an idea based on the topic I have just read.
I love sheep.

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Satsujin wrote:Yeah, I think it should be the kind of trade off you take for doing the most damage per round as a slayer. You need mobility to be effective, and anything that robs you of that mobility should rob you of your effectiveness too.

how about the trade off i already have vs other classes in the defense department. Low MR %, no bonus dodge/HP/hit rate (not that we should have that) but at least let us use our skills.

All of the end game content has things that hold you in place, makes slayers useless (salamander, dreads boss) how is that normal. Why would anyone bring a slayer to these bosses? I believe the idea behind the mechanic was to hold everyone in place, not to remove slayers ability to backstab.

Guess ill just have to bypass it by logging in and out over and over. Good fun.

Folder

Postby Folder » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Slayer is fine on dreads boss, but I can't comment on salamander. If you're truly trapped in the room then that does suck but I'm not sure what the solution is. It would be a pretty big change to remove the need to hide and would also negate the main use of INT on non-casters.

We did have a discussion about this but I think it's fair to talk about it some more when it comes to boss design. BTW please don't try to relog on dreads boss for more backstabs :).
<Silhouette>

FrostSlayer

Postby FrostSlayer » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:42 pm

Folder wrote:Slayer is fine on dreads boss, but I can't comment on salamander. If you're truly trapped in the room then that does suck but I'm not sure what the solution is. It would be a pretty big change to remove the need to hide and would also negate the main use of INT on non-casters.

We did have a discussion about this but I think it's fair to talk about it some more when it comes to boss design. BTW please don't try to relog on dreads boss for more backstabs :).

Slayer is fine in dreads, if the group kills the traps only, which takes time just to cater to the slayer, kinda silly.

I never said remove the need to hide, i suggested removing the need to move rooms to hide.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Yeah the issue is they deal 4x damage with 10% bonus, they virtually are the hardest hitting characters. We had a poll originally though and people prefered the move to hide option.

What areas are you talking about though? There probably could be 'backstab' rooms (aka being able to move in a direction in these areas) that the builder could add.

I don't think I'd give slayers 4x + 10% without that delay though. The delay helps balance it out really, since you use two attacks, you get 4.5xish in damage as a return. (in general /hide then attack, but then 4x damage.)

Return to “Archive Chat”