Global Chat and /report command

Eld

Global Chat and /report command

Postby Eld » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:58 am

At certain times there's not many people on in our particular guilds, and it'd be nice to chat to other people. This could also lead to more activity throughout the game, and more mixing between guilds, and maybe more smaller guilds too.
I know the idea for global chat has been around before, and apparently was even enabled at the start of the game before it was turned off because of idiots, but hopefully the safe measures on this make it a different story this time.

I propose a global chat that you have to opt in to to see. It would also have a heavy filter on it, and a big warning that everything is logged.

The player would receive a message once per log on about activity on global chat, and when you turned on global chat it'd potentially load another chat tab.

"Someone has started speaking in global chat, type /globalon to see this chat. Type /globaloff to turn the chat off.

Please be aware global chat is logged and you can only send 1 message a minute.

If you strongly feel one of these messages breaks our TOS *link here* then please use the /report command. Please do not make false reports, as you may have your reporting ability removed for this.

When you try to use the /report command, it validation on it to make sure the report makes sense.

"Please provide a description of the issue, including the names of any affected players, the time of the issue, as well as selecting one of the following categories for the report Global, Bug, Abuse, StaffAbuse, Typo, Other.
Example: /report Global NiteHawk is bypassing the swearing filter to suggest my mother is promiscuous."

"Thank you for your report, please allow up to 24 hours for a response if appropriate."

When these /report messages are made they would go to either a staff only discord channel, or a staff only forum.
It would automatically attach the reporting player's name, account name and current timestamp.

These reports would either be handled by a warden if we have one, or general staff.
If handled by general staff then they should excuse themselves if there was a potential conflict of interest and leave it to another staff member to handle.

Alternative way to deal with abuse

If you don't like potentially tying up staff time with this nonsense then just have it so if a player receives 2 reports from different players for misusing global chat then their ability to global chat on that account/IP is suppressed for a day.
This would mean staff wouldn't have to get involved and make it self sustaining
It would need to be logged in case people were misusing the report feature, and then their ability to report could be permanently removed.

Styx

Re: Global Chat and /report command

Postby Styx » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:15 am

If we didn't have idiots, we would have more freedom, but the fact still stands

Lateralus

Re: Global Chat and /report command

Postby Lateralus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:14 am

I'd love for there to be a way that global chat worked. Opting in sounds good. I wouldn't mind there being a gold toll after a few messages either. I really think this would help improve interaction.

Return to “Archive Chat”