What's Needed

Dorgon

Re: What's Needed

Postby Dorgon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:30 am

You are indeed talented, sir. I was just transferring to our characters what happened in real life. The embers of rok burn deep within us all that played it.

Rodeo

Postby Rodeo » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:56 am

Love the way this is going!

Remnant

Postby Remnant » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:31 pm

Ghost wrote:If anything, I simply mean that these nods back to RoK lore aren't for us to steal but simply easter eggs for those of us that continue down this path of Ember.

A subtle nod can be more rewarding than a ham-fisted reference to those concerned with nostalgia. It can make them feel that "I get that" feeling and has the added benefit of plausible deniability.

Ghost wrote:I'm going to push one more time on the importance of story, and it maybe be too far. Say all of you decide to move forward with this destructed world of sorts. Doesn't a conversation about Universal banking seems sort of out of place in this world? Maybe this is a good reason why this story doesn't work, or maybe it will help inform your decision for how gold exists in this world.

This is the primary problem I see here. This is shaping up to be a game built on the wishes of a derelict ship finally sunk. Use an old game for inspiration, fine, but do not base every mechanic on something that might have fixed an irreparably broken-down relic. Write the story and let it guide everything else. Mechanics and features will come naturally.

If this is to be a text-based game, then base it on the text!
I am a remnant of things long past, of things that lingered but could not last.

Crysallis

Postby Crysallis » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:01 pm

I know its a bit soon but any thoughts on audio, whether it being FX, ambient sound, music?

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 05, 2016 6:10 am

I don't have any ideas for audio yet, maybe in the future.

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Wed May 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Damn, I sure wish i had saved my data from 2001-2005ish.. i had whole areas created with full room descriptions, mapped out square by square and everything in hopes of getting them added to the game one day. Ill have to dig out my okd hard drives and see if anything is recoverable lol. Excited to see this in motion guys!

Thoth

Postby Thoth » Wed May 11, 2016 4:58 pm

Grahf wrote:Damn, I sure wish i had saved my data from 2001-2005ish.. i had whole areas created with full room descriptions, mapped out square by square and everything in hopes of getting them added to the game one day. Ill have to dig out my okd hard drives and see if anything is recoverable lol. Excited to see this in motion guys!

If you want to see some of your stuff in game then make a new area! Alot of people are making the effort to do so and it's really neat to be farming or leveling in an area of your own creation.

:mrgreen:
Thoth, the original creator of the video game.

Driab wrote:What good is power if you can't use it when it is completely unnecessary?

Also....Thoth = Byr

Grahf

Postby Grahf » Wed May 11, 2016 5:15 pm

NiteHawk wrote:I don't have any ideas for audio yet, maybe in the future.

You gotta get your own awesome "Auuuguughh" death sounds like rok had to help with immersion lol.

Lateralus

Postby Lateralus » Wed May 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Grahf wrote:
NiteHawk wrote:I don't have any ideas for audio yet, maybe in the future.

You gotta get your own awesome "Auuuguughh" death sounds like rok had to help with immersion lol.

I actually have tons and tons of sound effects and music from game packs I've purchased. When I get home I'll toss them in drop box and you can choose which ones you wanna use. I should have everything needed so don't purchase anything until you guys check it out.

NiteHawk
Site Admin

Postby NiteHawk » Thu May 12, 2016 4:22 am

Sure could eventually use them. 8)

Return to “Archive Chat”